2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Escape SE 2.0 AWD
7 Posts
It does once stopped, but not while running. I'll have to look at some other options when I have the time. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’d love to find a solution to this problem. We found out you can’t turn the lights off while the car is running while at the drive in. It really sucks. Whoever came up with that design has lived a sad life and never been to a drive in movie. I’m sure there are other scenarios where it would be beneficial to have the ability to leave the car running but have the headlights on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a pre-owned 2014 escape in very good condition with low miles and has obviously been taken very good care of.
I haven't taken the time to browse the owners manual yet " which is actually still in the glove box " but could someone help me figure out how to turn the headlights off while the car is running in park, if it's actually possible. I get to work early and sit in the car with the engine running for heat and so I don't deplete the battery while listening to the radio.... the problem is when co-workers begin to arrive they tend to get aggravated with me for having my headlights on shining in their windshields.
How can I turn off all lights while the engine is running?

·
Super Moderator
5,781 Posts
I recently purchased a pre-owned 2014 escape in very good condition with low miles and has obviously been taken very good care of.
I haven't taken the time to browse the owners manual yet " which is actually still in the glove box " but could someone help me figure out how to turn the headlights off while the car is running in park, if it's actually possible. I get to work early and sit in the car with the engine running for heat and so I don't deplete the battery while listening to the radio.... the problem is when co-workers begin to arrive they tend to get aggravated with me for having my headlights on shining in their windshields.
How can I turn off all lights while the engine is running?
I merged your new thread with the existing thread, that you had already posted in a couple months ago with, the same question.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you found an answer yet?

Try looking on page 89 of the manual. It talks about going into settings on the display between the gauges and going into the lighting section and making some adjustments.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts