2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2016 FE last month. I noticed in vent mode the sunroof only opens 1/4
On my 2010 FE and my wifes 2018 Focus the sunroof opens a good 2 1/2 to 3 inches.
Can anyone tell me where to find specs on how far it should open in vent mode?
Thanks Much

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
There’s probably at least 5 to 10 threads on this already. Just one example. Have read your owners manual?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 14theroad. That is exactly what I was looking for. I tried the search first but I guess I was not wording it right.
I did read my owners manual and found nothing on resetting the the sunroof.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Word choice matters. I simply googled 2016 ford escape sunroof calibration.

I find searching on this site to be very tedious. If the wording choice is wrong you get a ton of unrelated results.

I just did the exact same search on this forum with the phrase above and got 188 results, mostly which were related to a "2016 Escape". Not one on the first page was about sunroof recalibration. Yet Google gave me the link I sent you as the FIRST results.... :unsure::rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
This is exactly what I googled.

“Ford Escape sunroof vent position fordescape.org” and got all the results I could wish for.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Okay, hold on a second...
Explain the venting position (I'm in a 19)
I press the vent closed position (all the way in, as it's a 2 position switch), the shade retracts and the glass panel opens a half an inch.
Is this correct? If it's because Ford is worried about roof racks, that's nonsense, because when I push the other side of the button to close the vent, the panel opens up 2 inches before closing.
Someone tell me this isn't right....

·
Registered
224 Posts
And then Google found this...
2013 Escape vehicles equipped with moonroof exhibit a small vent opening position of 5 mm. This is the normal vent position for optimal NVH/windnoise qualities. When the vent is closed, the moonroof will open to the 10 mm position then close. The sliding glass also opens to the 10 mm position to give the glass enough clearance before it opens to the rearward position. This is the normal operating characteristic. No repairs are required.

Another Ford idiosyncrasy it seems...
They set a 2 position stop on the panel opening, but not on the venting, when clearly it is fully able to open further... And it uses a double-detent button.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,422 Posts
IIRC mine will open to two vent positions and on the third press close. Even on the second position it's doesn't open very high. I recall reading if you manage to catch it at the high point and push the button to open again it will stop in the high position.

Reactions: wungun

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,001 Posts
Tapatalk has always been terrible at searching the forum. I use tapatalk to view unread posts and view the mobile version of the site on Safari for anything else I need to do, including search. The search works great on the mobile version of the site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Figured it out. At least on a 2017 escape: Open the roof to vent. Push to close and it will go up a couple inches before closing. Push to close again at it's apex and it'll stay there. Pretty silly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts