2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 1.5 Escape back with a new short block, just wondering how many miles other's have on there replacement engine so far?

·
Registered
10 Posts
4,240 miles when engine was replaced. Originally a long block and then a plug broke in the head so the whole engine was replaced. The replacement has 1200 miles now.
1.5l ecoboost in a 2017 Escape

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4,240 miles when engine was replaced. Originally a long block and then a plug broke in the head so the whole engine was replaced. The replacement has 1200 miles now.
1.5l ecoboost in a 2017 Escape
You're the first to reply to my thread in 9 days, I'm guessing most Escape 1.5 replacement engine owners have long left the Escape ownership. I'm still on the fence whether to keep my Escape or not, my wife and I love the Escape but this engine problem has us looking at another brand of vehicle.....won't be any brand that uses the open deck design. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2019 Escape SE, 1.5L, FWD
6 Posts
Mine has been at the dealer for 2 weeks now for a new short block. It is expected to be ready next week. From what i have been able learn, this fix will address the original problem, so i plan to keep it awhile. I like the car and i'm hoping there will be no issues with the replacement. The dealership has done a few of these replacements before mine, so maybe that prior experience is a good thing for my repair.
Found out when i brought it in for the FSA 19B37 PCM update. Car has about 18k miles on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has been at the dealer for 2 weeks now for a new short block. It is expected to be ready next week. From what i have been able learn, this fix will address the original problem, so i plan to keep it awhile. I like the car and i'm hoping there will be no issues with the replacement. The dealership has done a few of these replacements before mine, so maybe that prior experience is a good thing for my repair.
Found out when i brought it in for the FSA 19B37 PCM update. Car has about 18k miles on it.

The dealership I had my engine replaced at had done a few also, that being said after 300 miles the engine was down 1/2 quart. I don't know if the mechanic put in enough or not or did the engine use 1/2 quart of oil, I filled it up to the max mark and I will check it in another 300 miles ( if I have it that long )......I would suggest checking the coolant level as well as the oil level once you get yours back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts