2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: can a mod please move my topic to the 3G section. I have 2017.
Hello, I just had my whole engine replaced under warranty because of a coolant leak. I was very fortunate that it happened earlier than later because I had 2 days of warranty left.
Anyway, I’m interested in getting a livernois 93 octane tune. But I also don’t want anything to happen to my engine. So my question is, to those with a tune, has it been reliable?

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Hello, I just had my whole engine replaced under warranty because of a coolant leak. I was very fortunate that it happened earlier than later because I had 2 days of warranty left.
Anyway, I’m interested in getting a livernois 93 octane tune. But I also don’t want anything to happen to my engine. So my question is, to those with a tune, has it been reliable?
Not one who has done that but will getting an aftermarket tune mess with the factory warranty? I would think it would provide Ford with a reason to disallow any future engine warranty claims.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,714 Posts
You could check out this thread. Not sure if anyone has discussed reliability in it

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,315 Posts
Can a tune void your warranty, sure.
You just have to remove the tune and put it back to AsBuilt before the dealers sees it.
Ford put out a TSB a while back warning dealers that seeing a PCM reset was not proof of tune being removed and that they should question the owner as to whether a tune was in place prior to the failure.

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD
6 Posts
I have the same car as you with a 91 octane Livernois tune. I live in Arizona so 91 octane is the best you can get here. So far the tune itself has been pretty reliable. I haven't had anything break on me yet and the car drives the same as when I first installed the tune. Since installing the tune, I've noticed tons of low end torque and a very noticeable increase to top end power. Turns our cars into certified sleepers! Since Arizona is so hot during the summer and turbo cars make significantly less power in the heat, I returned the car to the stock tune for the meantime to save some money on gas.

The one thing I would recommend if you get a tune is to stay up to date with, if not ahead of, all vehicle maintenance. Tunes put added stress on the engine/trans so weak links will get weaker faster. Since your engine is new, I assume you should be good to go there but I would do a trans drain/fill and a PTU fluid change before installing a tune.

Have some fun and leave some Focus ST's in the dust!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a 2016 and I'm worried about the engine replacement issue as well. I've already had a coolant leak that nearly caused the engine to overheat. Did you have this and were there other signs that a total engine failure was coming?

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I've got a 2016 and I'm worried about the engine replacement issue as well. I've already had a coolant leak that nearly caused the engine to overheat. Did you have this and were there other signs that a total engine failure was coming?
Do you have the 1.6 EB?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts