2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the 2 wire adapters/plugs on the bottom left of the CD player come off/out? There is a small release tab at the middle top of each but I can't tell if you pull out or lift or slide them. I don't want to break either one as they look kinda delicate. Any experience or ideas please respond. Thank you

·
Registered
347 Posts
Push down on the round tab and pull the plug towards you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
As the above post says. Use a small screwdriver if you can't get your finger to push it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas for the response. I tried again with no luck so took it by the dealership today and had one of their techs work on it. He got one off after 10mins and he broke the clip on the second one. I gauged on it with a small screwdriver after that and got it off. Really bad design on these I'd say. Plug should still work as the back peice is still in place.
Thanks again for the help

·
Registered
2014 Escape Titanium
195 Posts
Thanks fellas for the response. I tried again with no luck so took it by the dealership today and had one of their techs work on it. He got one off after 10mins and he broke the clip on the second one. I gauged on it with a small screwdriver after that and got it off. Really bad design on these I'd say. Plug should still work as the back peice is still in place.
Thanks again for the help
Good or bad design depends on how often you plan on unpluging it. Or wanting it to uplug itself due to regular daily vibrations and occasional bumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts