2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
When you charge up you can monitor the SOC with a ScanGaugeII to see what your current SOC is. Fully discharged is 17% and full is 91.4%. Will be filling up the tank tonight so I will know what mpg's are with about two and half charges and 700 miles. Trip 1 says 57.6 mpg's with about 50% EV and 50% ICE.

Paul

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a bluetooth based tool. When I go into into sensor mode I can see the SOC. I am looking into making a dashboard on my iphone for SOC and some other status that may be of use.

Best to date average

Font Triangle Gadget Electric blue Display device

I am going to charge in the morning and see what the result is.

Update the charge came back at 59.

Reactions: ptjones

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is a dashboard I setup. There is way to much info for me to capture live but I thought these were useful.

White Line Font Red Gas

·
Registered
6 Posts
My PHEV is on a train to the west coast. The arrival estimate is 9/11 to 9/17 but hoping for sooner. My 2013 FE TI with 64K is ready for a new home.

I have been in the dealer lot 2 times in the last week and they have maybe 16 new cars in total in the display area. 3 Bronco's, 1 Mach-E (49K), 5 Escape's, 2 Mustangs, some Edge's some fusion but essentially they are out stock. There are no 2021 trucks on the lot.
I have 2020 PHEV. Around town on 850 mile tank getting 124mpg, Recently on 1950 mile road trip got 55mpg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a bluetooth based tool. When I go into into sensor mode I can see the SOC. I am looking into making a dashboard on my iphone for SOC and some other status that may be of use.

Best to date average

View attachment 80459

I am going to charge in the morning and see what the result is.

Update the charge came back at 59.
Have you ever gotten that many Emiles only before it drops into hybrid mode. ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, 1950 Mile road trip. I haven't done something like that since 9/11 from NY to CA. I did do Panama City Beach to Anchorage, Alaska in 1982 and a few California to Maine and back trips in the 80's. I have 1003 Miles on my FE and have spent $28.50 on gas since Sept 17. The only fill up I did was 5.40ish per gallon last weekend.

I always charge every 3 or 4 days or when I get to single digits but I was close to 40 actual miles after that charge of 59. I switched to WFH in 2016 plus my terrain is about as flat as you can get for daily driving. If I can keep 5.2 mi./kWh as my average around town I am good. I cheated this morning and turned on the heater because it was 46 degrees and my efficiency dropped to 4.8 mi./kWh within a mile from my house.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Went to Deltona, FL this week about 470 miles each way and averaging about 53.5 mpg which includes 45-60 miles EV per tank. I started out with full charge and was able to get 45.5 miles EV on 55 mph state route GA 16 with temps in the 50's *F. If temps at 80*F I should get 50 miles. I took my lower Grill Cover off when WT was up to 215*F to see where the OT sensor is located, the WT went down 15*F and OT sensor started giving the right temp. I think my mpg's went down about 1 mpg with the lower WT. There is a center box in the bottom grill but I'm thinking it is the radar unit for the adaptive CC. My Dealer parts person gave me a picture of the sensor, but not where it is located. I would like to get air to the sensor without lowering the WT to much and still the OT gauge will work right.

Paul

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 · (Edited)
I tried an experiment to see if I could heat up the trans when it's cool so I plugged in block heater for an hour and the WT went up 20*F but trans temp didn't change so that didn't work. :(
Yesterday had another odd thing happen Charging at ChargePoint I went from 86% to 99% SOC and stopped for 15 minutes and got message from ChargePoint that the car was charging slowly so I disconnected it. Never seen that before.

Paul

·
Registered
2021 Escape Titanium PHEV
23 Posts
I went to my FORD Dealer and spent half an hour to see if they could figure out where the OT sensor is located in the lower grill area without success
, so if anyone can find that info it would be great.

Paul
My guess is on the passenger side lower grille opening to the left of the radar sensor. See circle in attached photo.
Hood Laptop Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,837 Posts
How do you delete a post? I wanted to delete a duplicate post of the one above but I can only edit it.
Just report the post you want to delete and one of the moderators will remove it

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got close but a few bad trips put me back to 4.8 mi./kWh.

View attachment 80453
It really frustrating for me not seeing similar results. I fully charged my car yesterday, ran a few errands (1 to 10 miles each, no highway) and got total EV range of 26 miles! And this is in San Diego with a temperature at 60+ F. And I am driving slow (Fordpass shows driving score 96+%, breaking score 96+%). Dealer cannot find anything wrong with the car. Any suggestion on how to investigate this?
Many thanks,
/Long

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Short trips will kill your range, you waist so much energy getting moving and maybe recover 80% in regen. In longer trips your range should go up and short trips go down. I watch my trip 1 gauge to see how I'm doing by adding the EV miles traveled and range left. I quite often see that change by 6 miles during a longer 27 mi. trip, last night I saw the range go down to 38 miles and back up to 44.5 miles.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts