2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford escape AWD titanium
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short but not really. I took a trip to Dallas for family I'm back The person I was driving there with decided to help the city by mowing the median for about a hundred meters with my car So a bunch of stuff and grass got all stuck all over my intercooler and radiator and I couldn't pick it out by hand all the way because there's almost zero openings in the grill, another thing I really hate. So I'm trying to refrain from calling my car a POS but it's really hard right now I spent three hours trying to take the front bumper off. now on my mustangs most newer models I could just take one side off and it would bend out enough that I could get to my heat exchanger and my radiator and doing that didn't require removing more than probably 15 screws and those horrible plastic pin holders for the radiator cover, but this one I think I've pulled off 50 screws and at least 20 of those stupid rubber plastic ones and I only just got the passenger side to bend out a few inches and I'm really close to driving it off a cliff and saying it was stolen. JK. Kind of. I could only find one video online on how to take off the front bumper and the guy should never ever make his own videos ever again I'll just leave it at that. by the way I am still venting so a lot of this dramatic stuff is just to help me vent I'm not actually crazy or gonna gonna total my car asuch as the thought crosses my mind. So especially for those guys that upgraded their intercooler is there like a some guide that y'all had on how to take off this front bumper you could share cuz so far the worst part of it has been getting those three bolts behind the headlights so you can actually pull out the clips so the the corners will pull out if you've done it hopefully that makes sense. So once again I really love my Fords but once again I really really hate working on them especially anything to do with body. Any help appreciated. And I do have a loaner car for one week so thank God not a rush to finish this weekend. I'm really just wanted to clean the crap off my intercooler and radiator and possibly try to straighten a few fins.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts