2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Escape S 2.5L (Frosted Glass Metallic)
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No feedback on my prev post re: electrical gremlin but have since ID’ed culprit: bad alternator. Can’t find a how-to vid on this generation anywhere (only prev gen)... anyone have a source for one? Thx

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
No feedback on my prev post re: electrical gremlin but have since ID’ed culprit: bad alternator. Can’t find a how-to vid on this generation anywhere (only prev gen)... anyone have a source for one? Thx
I do not have it but you can go to motocraft and get a 72 hour subscription to the WSM for the vehicle at a reasonable price.

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
have since ID’ed culprit: bad alternator
Are you aware of how the Battery Management System functions? Just asking because your alternator can be outputting down to 12.2V (IIRC) and be within normal parameters.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alt is throwing 6V. Looking for vid/instrux to replace it

Are you aware of how the Battery Management System functions? Just asking because your alternator can be outputting down to 12.2V (IIRC) and be within normal parameters.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Did
Alt is throwing 6V. Looking for vid/instrux to replace it
Did you see the post above about buying a temporary access to the workshop manual? This will tell you all you need to know at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The new alternator comes w a link to a website that includes an “Installment Guide” tab... which links to a blank page 🙄 Don’t get why the web is void of how-to video..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Perhaps check out your local library. Ours has free access to Allldata Pro and lets you print out any pages you need.
From the library's website:
"
Alldata Pro

Automobile repair information and diagrams. In-library use only. The library’s Tech Help Desk now lends OBD scanners for reading diagnostic trouble codes. Contact us for details.
Database accessible only from within the library.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! What a cool library! Ours doesn’t.

Perhaps check out your local library. Ours has free access to Allldata Pro and lets you print out any pages you need.
From the library's website:
"
Alldata Pro

Automobile repair information and diagrams. In-library use only. The library’s Tech Help Desk now lends OBD scanners for reading diagnostic trouble codes. Contact us for details.
Database accessible only from within the library.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No real help in another forum thread i posted - anyone know of a how-to vid for this? None on youtube. 2013 S ie: the 2.5L engine. Will engine have to be jacked up for removal? Btw, does 72k mi seem premature for orig one to go out, or about right? Thx

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Doesn’t help to create 2 threads for the same question.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doesnt help to post “doesnt help to post 2 threads”. Disagreed. DIY GARAGE will have different readers than other forums.

Doesn’t help to create 2 threads for the same question.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Doesnt help to post “doesnt help to post 2 threads”. Disagreed. DIY GARAGE will have different readers than other forums.
Probably should of posted your other thread in DIY Garage. Many topics are able to fall under different categories. Doesn’t mean you should post in different categories for the same job at hand.

I noticed another forum member gave you very good advise, get a. Motorcraft service subscription for 72 hours. Priceless.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just looked it up, $22 for 3 days. The fact that there are no how-to vids leads me to assume its a difficult job... fig’ed DIY thread would have feedback from someone who’s done it. Maybe not, we’ll see

I noticed another forum member gave you very good advise, get a. Motorcraft service subscription for 72 hours. Priceless.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I can look on my 2017 workshop DVD, but I’m not sure if it would be different from your model year.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
@KyleEscape, I merged your new thread with your existing thread. There is no point in creating multiple threads on the same topic. Doesn’t matter what sub forum it is located in, you won’t get different replies than in this location. It is not like there is a different set of members looking in the DIY area than there is here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hayai - i have been “merged” per your initial reply :oops::LOL: See above

Where in the world do you get a “workshop DVD”? We dont have the same engine so i’d say dont bother, but thx

I really like your blue Titanium, have admired them from afar. Cool photo effect too

I can look on my 2017 workshop DVD, but I’m not sure if it would be different from your model year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Btw Hayai, w your blacked out wheels & roof rails, adding rain deflectors to the side windows would look great. Added them to mine, Auto Vent Shade makes a great-fitting & very affordable set.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Hayai - i have been “merged” per your initial reply :oops::LOL: See above

Where in the world do you get a “workshop DVD”? We dont have the same engine so i’d say dont bother, but thx

I really like your blue Titanium, have admired them from afar. Cool photo effect too
eBay will sometimes have them but be sure you know what you are buying and the computer tricks needed to make it work.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Just looked it up, $22 for 3 days. The fact that there are no how-to vids leads me to assume its a difficult job... fig’ed DIY thread would have feedback from someone who’s done it. Maybe not, we’ll see
The 2.5 should be the same as the fusion and they are pretty good About having videos

If you are big at diy you could try it. And yes 75k seems early

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thx for posting, Fusion vid was somewhat similar, w sev logistical diff’s

Turns out the alternator mfgr provides AllData how-to, which was somewhat helpful, as well

Ended up getting mobile mechanic, who did a great job, w tools i dont have :rolleyes:
The 2.5 should be the same as the fusion and they are pretty good About having videos
If you are big at diy you could try it. And yes 75k seems early

1 - 20 of 22 Posts