2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have considered getting the app and the OBD-II reader for my 2015 Escape Titanium. I read pros and cons about them as to what it is able to scan and see. I know also there are good and bad OBD-II readers for compatibility to the Forscan software.

·
Super Moderator
5,704 Posts
Well since there is a really long ForScan thread here, I am guessing it works quite well There are a few other threads that discuss recommended OBDII Adapters. A quick search should find them for you.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have considered getting the app and the OBD-II reader for my 2015 Escape Titanium. I read pros and cons about them as to what it is able to scan and see. I know also there are good and bad OBD-II readers for compatibility to the Forscan software.
The OBDLink EX wired adapter is officially recommended by FORScan:

Amazon.com: OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter: Automotive

The OBDLink MX is a good wireless (bluetooth) adapter that will pair with a phone and/or pc, laptop, or tablet:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006NZTZLQ

Both adapters have a built-in switch for access to HS-CAN & MS-CAN networks. Note that the FORScan phone app cannot change configuration in your vehicle - you must use Windows and get the extended license (free for now).

Comparsion of FORScan applications

·
Super Moderator
1,982 Posts
The OBDLink EX wired adapter is officially recommended by FORScan:
That must be a new "budget" model. It appears to be based on the STX chip like the dearer MX, which means it will be a lot better (more reliable and faster) than any ELM device that uses a switch.

·
Super Moderator
1,982 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts