2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2014 2.0l Titanium after my Grand Prix left me stranded with a bad fuel pump. Loving it so far.

I know this is a commuter but it has the heart of a racer, so I will be taking it to the dragstrip tonight to get a baseline before tuning and other basic modding.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,412 Posts
That's not too bad given the weight of them. Have you got AWD? I haven't tried "stalling" mine against the auto trans but have read a few posts saying the electronics over ride the throttle. That would make getting a good launch hard (I'd imagine.)

What are your plans for mods?

Reactions: TurboMonte

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,412 Posts
I'm not worried about tuning as I have hptuners and experience tuning turbo platforms.
(From another thread.) Do a search on here as another user has been playing around with HPTuners and made great improvements with changes to the auto trans operation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's not too bad given the weight of them. Have you got AWD? I haven't tried "stalling" mine against the auto trans but have read a few posts saying the electronics over ride the throttle. That would make getting a good launch hard (I'd imagine.)

What are your plans for mods?
Yes AWD full weight. Brake torqued but the computer kicks in and softens the launch, even with TC turned off.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
Welcome to the forum, TurboMonte!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts