2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son bought his first vehicle 2017 escape titanium. But both of us feel the horn belongs on a go-cart instead. Has anyone done a replacement to a larger and 2 tone horn. If so what did you put in and how easily was installation (we are looking for something that is not to excessive a project) I am fairly handy but this will be a learning project for him now that he has gotten the basic car maintenance skills mastered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According t
I'm looking for a decent horn as well that's fairly easy to install.
From another escape forum I was given this reply
”After weeks of total frustration and no help from my local dealer, I purchased Ford part # CM5Z-13832-A . This is 2 horns, wiring and bracket. After bending the bracket and an hour of fiddling, it works. Finally a real, dual horn that people can actually hear. Note this is on my 2020 Escape. I do not know if will work on other models. I saw pictures of it on the internet and bought it on one of the internet sites. I hope that this will help others and that Ford will respond. No one can hear the cheap single horn that is on the SUV.”

I have seen this part on eBay and was wondering. We are going to try it because on eBay it says it is a part for this model.
see screenshot

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
any horn can work. its basic wiring as long as you can splice. theres just 2 wires.... tap into the existing horn wires. make or modify brackets to work.
if you are running more than two horns or higher amperage, consider using a relay.
on one of my cars, when the horn filled with water and went out, i just replaced with whatever random horns i had sitting around.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I want to upgrade mine, too. Can't decide what I want though.

Remember the horns oldschool Cadillacs had? I'm leaning that way. Loud, deep, noticeable. Check how a mid 70's Caddy horn sounds. :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
On my 19 SEL I only have one horn and it's on the drivers side of the radiator. There's a spot on the passenger side of the radiator for the second horn but there is no wiring for it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Could always do air/train horns!

Had something like this back in the day with my 1987 Nissan Sentra. I lost count of how many people I blasted (with cause) and how they jumped :D

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
How about the old “Boss Hogg” horn?😉

·
Registered
462 Posts
@14theroad you find empty spacers mount that monster in that cramped space.
I would be able to. The nice thing is, with as loud as they can be (up to 150dB for some brands), you can mount them anywhere really. I would just make sure it's kept towards the front of the vehicle and pointing downward to avoid water intrusion. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts