2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an escape 2014, 2.0L Ecoboost AWD with 67000km.

When i stop at red lights, i have a idle problem, Fluctuating up 250 rmp and down 250 rmp, giving a 500 rpm fluctuation.

Dealer did a compression test, and evap test, injector test. All normal

No check engine light

Any ideas ?
(I have a video of the problem, but i am not able to insert it here. i'm new)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Why is it that a dealership can't solve an issue unless there is a code? Isn't there any talent anymore? OK, rant off.

Did you check the vacuum at idle in gear when warm? There is an intake plug, at least on my 2013, that can come loose. This would cause uneven idle. Side of the intake manifold, near the engine, on the driver side (cylinder #4 ).

I hear the intake valve caking affects idle most when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
Could be any number of things but I'm with @Dville - that's a classic symptom of a vacuum leak in the intake/vacuum controlled-devices path. A cracked tube/hose or fitting, or loose fitting may cause intermittent symptoms. Thorough inspection while gently 'flexing' tubes, fittings and plugs might reveal a problem.

Or, it might not be that at all. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I have this idle issue as well. When getting to a stop driving, you can see the rpm dip and feel it in the engine. Then things seem normal. Not sure what it is, but I would like to fix it.. makes me think the car is going to die at a stop light.

I was reading another post about this but I can't find it now :/

EDIT: found the other thread and the suggestion is to use maf cleaner on:
MAP - intercooler
MAP - intake manifold
MAF - at the air intakepipe/filter

I'll try cleaning those. maybe it will help the cel and idle. When I pulled the TB to install the bored out one, with 5k miles I think, it was coated in oil...can't imagine at 60k.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you have not changed the auto trans fluid. change the fluid and your ruff idle issues will be gone. I had ruff idle at highway speeds, at stop lights, and when going up hills and changing the fluid solved the problems. Others with similar issues have also had success by changing the auto trans fluid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts