2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m working on my daughters 2013 escape 1.6L with a bit over 110,000 miles. I changed the timing belt, replaced a leaky valve cover, spark plugs and serpentine belt. I was able to obtain the service manual from the dealership on the timing belt replacement. After reassembling the engine I can’t get it to fire. Initially I had a P00C6 low fuel pressure code but I think that was from priming the engine initially. I cleared the code and so far it hasn’t come back.
For changing the valve cover gasket, I did have the fuel rail, HPFP housing, the housing in front of the vacuum pump all off.
I hooked up an injector test light (noid light) to the wiring harness and got nothing showing a signal being sent to the injectors to fire them,
I did a compression check to make sure I didn’t have a timing issue but each cylinder is running 150-180 PSI.
I checked all the coil packs and each are firing as the engine is being cranked.
When running my scan tool, the fuel pressure is showing a bit above 1600 PSI.
I’m hoping I’ve missed a connector somewhere but I’ve been over th engine compartment s vernal times and haven’t found anything obvious.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you figured this out? Could be a sensor not giving the PCM the info needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts