2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
Escape 2014 SE AWD 2.0L turbo with lots of options
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I used to watch his videos as soon as they came out, but he then seemed to have an attitude change and was calling things junk when he only came across one instance. I can't remember exact circumstances, getting old I guess, but that is when I lost some faith in him and stuck with brand, make, and model info of the vehicles I own. Like this one.
He used to provide good hands jobs on videos but lately he was saying that Ford engineers were swines… not very helpful.

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Spoke to someone who works at the care home where my wife is and he told me his Escape 2018 engine blew up lately at 97,000 km (close to 60k miles). He bought it used a few years back and he took a 100,000 km full warranty. The 1.6 liter engine blew up at 97,000 km. Ford replaced the engine. They told him they installed a 2022 engine. He doubts that a little but the engine definitely looks shiny and new.

· Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,914 Posts
Spoke to someone who works at the care home where my wife is and he told me his Escape 2018 engine blew up lately at 97,000 km (close to 60k miles). He bought it used a few years back and he took a 100,000 km full warranty. The 1.6 liter engine blew up at 97,000 km. Ford replaced the engine. They told him they installed a 2022 engine. He doubts that a little but the engine definitely looks shiny and new.
A 2018 would be the 1.5l EcoBoost (or perhaps the 2.0l EcoBoost?) The 1.6l EcoBoost was dropped partway through the 2013-2016 model life.

I've heard "second hand" news that a relative here in Australia bought a used Escape (apparently with a fair few km) on it and it suffered a major failure two weeks ago. It would be a 2017-2019 from what I can work out as from around 2011 to 2016 they were called Kugas. I'm not sure what exactly failed, but it was towed and is awaiting parts. Something about horrendous noises if/ when the engine would start. Luckily that is apparently covered under some sort of warranty too.

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
A 2018 would be the 1.5l EcoBoost (or perhaps the 2.0l EcoBoost?) The 1.6l EcoBoost was dropped partway through the 2013-2016 model life.

I've heard "second hand" news that a relative here in Australia bought a used Escape (apparently with a fair few km) on it and it suffered a major failure two weeks ago. It would be a 2017-2019 from what I can work out as from around 2011 to 2016 they were called Kugas. I'm not sure what exactly failed, but it was towed and is awaiting parts. Something about horrendous noises if/ when the engine would start. Luckily that is apparently covered under some sort of warranty too.
Yes, probably the 1.5. I think the 1.6 was retired in 2016. That explains why he got a new engine. I was a bit perplexed about that switch.

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

Oh, by the way, he asked if the new engine was under warranty. Answer was no but if the new engine fails shortly it would, kind of before 103,000 km.

· Registered
1,259 Posts
Yes, probably the 1.5. I think the 1.6 was retired in 2016. That explains why he got a new engine. I was a bit perplexed about that switch.
I read that a lot of manufacturers went to 1.5, if they didn't have one. Think it had to do with how engines above 1.5 L are treated taxwise in some countries. China, for example.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts