2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed my 2017 Titanium 2.0L engine idling a little rough and not as zippy as it usually is. I got some work done at the dealer about a month ago. Been poking around online since theres no Check Engine light, saw Intake Filter could be dirty. There was some debris! So I installed this new air filter and noticed a slight acceleration boost but still rough idle

I was looking around the engine and noticed that the tube going towards the front of the car coming out of the intake housing was loose. The hose from the front of the intake meets up with another hose in a Y section of tubing, but it's not a solid piece of rubber. There's just a rubber section with a tab that closes down over the two tubes to form the base of the Y and it was loose.
I tightened it and noticed an immediate different in acceleration and idle was MUCH better. Drove around for the rest of the day no problem...but now I am idling hard again.

The hose seems OK, but it seems like the connection is way looser than it should be. Is it possible a clamp is missing, or some extra housing goes over the place the hoses connect thats missing and causing intake issues?

Any help appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,982 Posts
A picture would be handy to show the hoses you're referring to.

To me, it sounds like you may be talking about the "cool air" feed that goes from the radiator/ grille area into the air filter box? It won't matter if they're a loose fit.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Also, helpful to know miles on vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts