2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we bought the canyon ridge (brown) color SE trim 2017 model year. But after a couple of weeks with it; i feel that I should have taken the black. The reason why we (me and my wife) didn't pick the black (which was our first choice) was that based on online reviews; the color black gets hot faster under the sun (and I have to park the car 50% of the time under the harsh sun). The interior colors were already black; so it would be an all black car both interior and interior. And black shows scratches and dirt much more faster; and I'm really lazy in cleaning the car.

Now the canyon ridge color looks... well... bit unusual and I wanted a car color that gives out a mute but elegant appeal. Brown is more like the special child; something you rarely see on the road and brings out a more youthful appeal - but we are in our early 30s; I think we have passed that stage.

I just need someone's opinion on why the brown escape was a good pick over the black..:(

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Brown is a good choice because it's what you have.

:)

Tip for life: Look 'up and forward', not 'down and back'. (try it, really)

;)
I'm definitely in this camp. Love it or learn to. I have a black one and I love it but after washing it looks clean for like 30 minutes, lol. I don't care too much -- I love the car overall.

Canyon Ridge is a different sort color. I like the way it shades in certain lights where it almost looks black at certain angles and then comes up to a copper color in lighter areas. I wouldn't worry about a justification. Just drive it and enjoy! There aren't as many of them out there, and that gives it a uniqueness.

·
Registered
268 Posts
So we bought the canyon ridge (brown) color SE trim 2017 model year. But after a couple of weeks with it; i feel that I should have taken the black. The reason why we (me and my wife) didn't pick the black (which was our first choice) was that based on online reviews; the color black gets hot faster under the sun (and I have to park the car 50% of the time under the harsh sun). The interior colors were already black; so it would be an all black car both interior and interior. And black shows scratches and dirt much more faster; and I'm really lazy in cleaning the car.

Now the canyon ridge color looks... well... bit unusual and I wanted a car color that gives out a mute but elegant appeal. Brown is more like the special child; something you rarely see on the road and brings out a more youthful appeal - but we are in our early 30s; I think we have passed that stage.

I just need someone's opinion on why the brown escape was a good pick over the black..:(
See the parts I bolded above, you already answered your own question friend. Let the young lads with plenty of every day cleaning time on their hands go after the black on black look. As another poster said above, it looks pretty sexy... for about 30 minutes. Every single friend of mine with a blacked out sports car complains ceaselessly about keeping it looking sexy. I have so many other better things to do with my time than micromanaging how clean my car looks when I drive past John Q Public. Especially considering this is not a Mustang we're talking about here ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts

our Escape S is canyon Ridge color as well and we love the color. sorry you do't like it but the color is why i picked that vehicle.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I think I am semi-qualified to voice my opinion. I have a 13 ginger ale Escape. Mine is a one year color and unique. Me thinks the ginger ale color looks best on the Escape, not so much on the Edge, Explorer or the Taurus. I’m still in love with it, but Ford makes me have doubts because of all the cool and beautiful colors it co es out with, like yours.

I think the Sport appearance package rocks on your color, and would look good on mine as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@HayaiKuruma: your opinions was helpful thanks
@JustKim: true.
@texasjpe: its nice to find someone who likes the color.
@roadshow: thanks for drilling the points down. i'm glad i made the right practical choice.
@Doublej: unfortunately i didn't. might consider replacing the rims with black later on
@johngriggs: its pretty unique. i think i saw an infiniti qx70 with a similar color and hot daym it looks hot on that car. well any color is hot on that car.
@centex: nice tip; will do.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hy...it is the most stylish colour in ecosport..white looks gd but it is too common..red and blue are dashing in the beginning but they fade...so be proud..canyon ridgeis their celebration colour..i too own the same...😊

·
Registered
1 Posts
My favorite Escape color is the dark brown offered in 2013 only--I don't remember the name--you rarely see it.
It's called Kodiak Brown
Just bought a 2013 Escape yesterday and I thought it was black but as I looked through the car fax it was listed as brown

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't mind brown, honestly. These days, it's unique. I had an old sort of metallic brown Cadillac once. Looked like copper or garnet in the sunlight at the right angle, and root beer brown any other time. I loved it, especially after being waxed.

I'd definitely buy another brown car. And if I had one right now, I'd like it just fine. I've even had purple. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts