2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Escape SE 1.6 - White - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake... more mods to come
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm new here!

Recently started tinkering with the FE! Installed the K&N 69-3537TS on my 2016 1.6. Boy does this thing waken up that little Ecoboost. It sounds great too. I know some people have installed them and then taken them off due to the amount of noise they make, but I'm in my mid 20s and enjoy the loudness lol. The butt dyno seems to pick up on the improved throttle response. Also tinted the taillights with some VHT NightShade spray. Came out fairly well for my first time doing it. I'm going to give the front fog lights a yellow/ amber tint as well to help out with winter driving conditions up here in Canada.

Mods to come:
  • Boomba Racing BOV Adapter
  • Resonator Delete
  • 20mm Hubcentric wheel spacers (front & back)
  • RallyArmour Mudflaps
  • Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Compact Powered Sub
  • Black Plasti-dip rims
  • Ford Winglet Spoiler (or Kuga version)
  • Red JDM Style Tow Hook

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Looks great! Gotta love those earlier model 3G Escapes. Adding on an intake makes a ton of difference to the eardrums.

Reactions: Marcotic

·
Registered
2016 Ford Escape SE 1.6 - White - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake... more mods to come
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great! Gotta love those earlier model 3G Escapes. Adding on an intake makes a ton of difference to the eardrums.
Oh I really do love it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sound clip? Which mud flaps did you get just universal of RA?
I’ll have to take a video of it from the outside and inside ! I’ll post it in this thread! And I haven’t purchased yet I’m thinking RA but I’m open to suggestions

·
Registered
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
13 Posts
Looks great! I wish i could tint my brake lights, but it is illegal in my state.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great! I wish i could tint my brake lights, but it is illegal in my state.
Technically in my province you aren't supposed to but since I didn't make them too dark it hasn't been a problem yet! It's more of an excuse to pull you over if they think you are up to no good as opposed to something you regularly get ticketed for

·
Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
156 Posts
Tint is illegal in all provinces on headlight and tails. But who cares if you did it then expect to get harassed at some point hopefully will be a warning the first time. I blacked my Evo tails out and have not been pulled over yet but I know it will happen. I have 6 coats plus 3 coats of clear then polished to a black mirror finish, looks much better then tint film.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
72 Posts
I really like the way your Escape looks, even the tail lights however, I really hate when people tint the tail lights of their cars because it makes them really hard to see when they apply the brakes in daylight.
I live in Texas but right now I’m in Florida on business, just yesterday I almost rear ended a car while driving in traffic because of his tail lights being tinted.
Like I said, I really like the way yours looks, even the tail lights but at the same time you might want to reconsider the tail lights tint.

·
Registered
2017,Ford,Escape,2.0L
156 Posts
As long as you either only drive car at night or you replace tail lights with led's where need be there should not be any issue but if you have non led tails or haven't swapped over any incandescent bulbs then it makes for a very dangerous situation.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Looks good. I put a K&N open end filter in the stock air filter box in our 1.6. The sound is pretty noticeable but it is cool to me. Actually got the filter used from a member on here a couple years ago. Cleaned it and re-oiled it. Saved some $$ on the Kendra & Natalie (K&N) retail price....lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts