2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Thank you for your help.
Is it easy to remove the rubber frame? Can you help me find a video or a photo of how to remove it? It seems to be very firmly assembled and the dealer told me that I cannot remove it myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Augusto Dias, my friend. I have ordered the Remote Frequency Receiver and replaced it exactly as you show in your video. That was very helpful.

Unfortunately, my problem is not solved yet.

My car keyfob buttons do not work. My car is with the push button and I can start the car without any problem with my key, however, I cannot open and close the door with keyfob buttons.

Do you know what else can be the problem? Do I need to ask the dealer to reprogram my key? I have only 1 key at the moment and cannot enter programming mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Augusto Dias, my friend. I have ordered the Remote Frequency Receiver and replaced it exactly as you show in your video. That was very helpful.

Unfortunately, my problem is not solved yet.

My car keyfob buttons do not work. My car is with the push button and I can start the car without any problem with my key, however, I cannot open and close the door with keyfob buttons.

Do you know what else can be the problem? Do I need to ask the dealer to reprogram my key? I have only 1 key at the moment and cannot enter programming mode.
Hi Aram,
Unfortunately I don't know what to do. It seems to me that the problem is in the keyfob.
If you can start the car, maybe the problem isn't in the key program, but I not sure. May the friends here can help us.
Do you car have sensors on the door to open? Don't they don't work too or just the fob buttons doesn't? If the door sensors work, the problem probably is in the fob.
In my car the problem was like if the fob battery was low. The range was very short and I couldn't start the car with the fob in my pocket. I needed to leave the key in central panel.
As you have only one keyfob, I think you need to test the function in somewhere able to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One last question. Did you reprogram your keyfob after changing RF receiver?
And is your car with push button start?
Thank you again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good news. I went to the dealer and they partially reprogrammed my keyfob for free and now it works perfectly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never had a range issue with any of my Fords. The remote works easily from 50ft, probably more. Dying FOB batteries have a bigger impact on transmitting range.
i have the exact same problem been googleing for hours then came accross this thread ..... where can i find the module and can you send me a pic where it was please and thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts