2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 2017 Ford Escape, and I want a ladder rack for it (I do light maintenance that would require a ladder once in a while) I saw this on a Johnson Controls Escape, and want one just like it, but I can't find anywhere online that has this exact one. (No drilling, slides in, heavy duty)
Help?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I understand it may be from Adrian Steel? Anyone have any experience with ladder racks on their escape?

I truly appreciate any replies!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you have the side rails that run along the roof? If so my advice would be to buy a set of cross bars and strap the ladder down to that.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
Etrailer has a selection of roof racks for your '17, whether you have the OEM side rails or not. Maybe not the exact rack you've seen but worth browsing for at least some options?

https://www.etrailer.com/roof-2017_Ford_Escape.htm

The rack in your pics looks like it may be a bolt-on unit that uses the OEM roof rack captive threaded nuts (thus 'no drilling', at least in the car body) which are present on all Escapes under the black roof gutter trim strip, even those that didn't come OEM with roof side rails. Nifty, but I've not seen that one in my casual browsing (the only bolt-on solution I've encountered is the OEM side rails which can be purchased from Ford as a kit for installation on Escapes that didn't have the OEM rails from the factory).

Noting that the black gutter trim is very thin easily deformed aluminum and the underlying plastic trim clips that hold it in place, though they fasten through the same threaded inserts, are not themselves designed for a roof-rack side-load, I'm doubting that those 'heavy duty' stanchions somehow 'slide-in' and rely on gripping the gutter trim to hold them in place. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. (I've had all of that exposed and inspected it in the process of DIY removing my OEM roof-rails to install the 'bare' front-to-back gutter trim - the opposite of your project to add a roof rack).

Hint - if you find a rack that uses the OEM threaded inserts for attachment, be sure to use generously applied RTV silicon sealant (on the fastener threads, etc) at all roof fastener penetrations to avoid leaks!

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure appreciate the replies! Thank each of you for the information, it will be a factor in making an informed decision

·
Super Moderator
2,063 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for the same exact ladder rack. Any luck finding it? Wondering if they only make it for Johnson Controls?

Hello!

I have a 2017 Ford Escape, and I want a ladder rack for it (I do light maintenance that would require a ladder once in a while) I saw this on a Johnson Controls Escape, and want one just like it, but I can't find anywhere online that has this exact one. (No drilling, slides in, heavy duty)
Help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey man, I have exactly what you`re looking for, let me know, use to work in the field and just sold my escape, still have the rack almost like new

1 - 9 of 9 Posts