2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member question here…Does the LED door lock indicator light (on the door panel) stay on all the time when the vehicle is shut off and locked? 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. Looked out the window late last night and noticed the door lock light was on. Vehicle had been shut off for 6+ hours. The manual is no help as it doesn’t say if the light stays on. Has it taken me all these years to notice this or is something wrong?!?

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,833 Posts
New member question here…Does the LED door lock indicator light (on the door panel) stay on all the time when the vehicle is shut off and locked? 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. Looked out the window late last night and noticed the door lock light was on. Vehicle had been shut off for 6+ hours. The manual is no help! Has it taken me all these years to notice this or is something wrong?!?
Welcome to the forum. I moved your thread to the correct sub forum that matches the topic of your question. The New Member Introductory node is just for introducing yourself and your Escape.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That light tells you that vehicle is locked and secure, meaning if door was opened without the remote or key, the the horn will honk repeatedly
I know what it’s for, but is it supposed to be on all the time when locked? I’ve read it is supposed to dim and go off after a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I know what it’s for, but is it supposed to be on all the time when locked? I’ve read it is supposed to dim and go off after a few minutes.
Mine is the same year model as yours and I just checked and the amber lights go off after 5 minutes or so after locking the car.
The only thing I can suggest is to try a reset by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so and then reconnect it and let us know if that solves the issue when you next lock the car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,448 Posts
It is possible @wiz043 's Escape is programmed to work differently to your North American model. The Aussie models are made in Spain on the Kuga assembly line- there are some subtle differences in specs and operation.

It could be worthwhile trying to compare a local model before paying money to have it looked at.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Apparently it is normal in the US models for the lights to go out after a short time.

Reactions: murcod

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,448 Posts
Good find- I thought it was worth mentioning- just in case....

Reactions: wiz043

·
Registered
260 Posts
I locked mine and the light came on. I looked again a couple hours later and the light was off. For what it's worth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts