2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,076 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'd check closely if that CV boot is okay. It looks a bit greasy and appears to have fine cracks on the surface?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

I'd check closely if that CV boot is okay. It looks a bit greasy and appears to have fine cracks on the surface?
There is no problem with axle bellows. There is a protection fluid on it. so it looks cracked. it would be a problem without light lubrication. I want to change if it flows. will it be a problem like this?

·
Super Moderator
2,076 Posts
It doesn't look serious to me (noting I'm not a mechanic!) You could check the transmission fluid level if you're concerned and keep an eye on the CV boot. You'll get grease getting flung out everywhere if the boot does fail.

Going by your vehicle info I assume you've got the 6 speed automatic transmission- which would be the 6F35. There's info here on checking the fluid level 6F35 Level Plug Location

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't look serious to me (noting I'm not a mechanic!) You could check the transmission fluid level if you're concerned and keep an eye on the CV boot. You'll get grease getting flung out everywhere if the boot does fail.

Going by your vehicle info I assume you've got the 6 speed automatic transmission- which would be the 6F35. There's info here on checking the fluid level

thank you. I wish you a good day.:)(y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts