2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was kinda wishing I got the 2.0L instead of 1.5L, and now I'm glad I didn't. I would have bought this tuner, my wife would be unhappy for a while, and then I would be unhappy for a while. Problem solved before it began. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was kinda wishing I got the 2.0L instead of 1.5L, and now I'm glad I didn't. I would have bought this tuner, my wife would be unhappy for a while, and then I would be unhappy for a while. Problem solved before it began. :)
I found this thread looking for options to improve my 2017 1.5L but it looks like there are no tunes out there for the middle child :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
I found this thread looking for options to improve my 2017 1.5L but it looks like there are no tunes out there for the middle child :(
Yeah, I checked the tuner site mentioned in this thread for a 1.5L tuner module. I'm kinda glad there isn't one, because then I would have to buy it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Out of nowhere this morning, I made the decision to use my Livernois tune kit to install a 91 octane tune on my 2017 2.0L Escape Titanium.
91 is the best we do for premium here in Colorado at 5000ft.
Currently, I have about 850 miles on my Escape.

I bought the tune kit from Livernois even before my car came in from my factory order.
The instructions were simple, I installed the program on my computer, I plugged the tune unit into the Escape get certain ECU and Strategy codes and things which I then sent to Anthony at Livernois.
Once the tunes were ready, I hooked up my tune unit to my computer and it auto found the tunes from Livernois and downloaded them.
There tuner holds 4 custom tunes as well as a copy of one's stock tune, so I ordered an 89, 91 and 93 performance tunes.
Because there was one space left open, Livernois included a more aggressive race type feel 91 tune as well, so I have 2 91 octance performance tunes.

Install was easy and took about 10 minutes.

I went for an initial test drive and all I can say is wow, this tune really woke the car up.
The low end RPMs have much better acceleration than before.
It runs smooth as silk too.
I haven't tried sport mode yet but man, what a difference.
Right now I am on Cloud 9.

The tune also changed the exhaust sound somewhat when wide open and the note is more pleasing than before.
I did hear a slight whistle at redline once when I was on it hard.
I think that may have been the waste gate opening on the turbo, but I am no expert.

I am not sure yet if I am going to do the 160 thermostat at this time. I am going to watch the operating temperature, but my feeling is that the 160 thermostat is more for the ultra performance guys who are trying to eliminate as much heat soak as possible.
As I say, I think I will wait on the cooler thermostat for now.
I don't run hard very often so we will see.

Yes, the Livernois performance tune definitely wakes up the car and there is no doubt in my mind I am quicker than before.
My guess is that can run a sub 6.5 sec 0-60 at sea level, it feels that much quicker.
But the sound the engine makes? Way better than before too.

By the way, apparently Livernois is the only one doing 2017 Escape tunes.
I contacted SCT and Unleashed Tuning, and SCT is no longer supporting any software for 2017 Escapes, so for now, Livernois is it.

Livernois claims an increase of 55HP and if true, that puts my Escape at 300HP.
I am loving my new tune.

In fact, I have to go drive it again just because I can.[/quote @lbj have you tried the aggressive 91 tune?

Sent from my SGP641 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Sorry I haven't been back for a couple of weeks, been kind of down for the count lately as well as busy with youngest daughter and grandson.

There does not seem to be any difference in terms of performance between the 91 normal and 91 aggressive tunes.
It's a "feel" thing mostly with a bit more firm shifts and a slight difference in the throttle.

As far as fuel mileage, my overall combined figures on the dash say I am getting 23.8mpg.
I have done exactly no highway driving at all, but I do live where many roads have a speed limit of 45mph.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I have 3K miles on The Great Escape at this point.

Zero issues on the Livernois tune, and all is well.

Gas mileage has increase a little, lifetime average now sits at 24.0mpg.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Wish they had one for my 2.3 MKC.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It is too bad.
It'd fly for sure.

My guess is that my 2.0 Livernois is close to what you have now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was bored and curious so I decided to calculate the difference in cost annually to drive with this tune on 91 Octane vs stock on 87 and based on my own driving habits it came down to about $1000/year give or take a hundred bucks. That's not that bad really. Unfortunately I'm going to be busy paying off my kid's tuition and a 2 year long reno project for the next couple of years so cutting every bill possible counts right now. Well done though, You're going to smoke pretty much every CUV on the market now even into some of the luxury segment, along with quite a few cars too!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I don't street race anyone, not my style.

I do love to be first at a light with nothing but open road in front of me and some CUV or another behind me.
Then I punch it.

It isn't like they are racing either, they had no idea what I was going to do.

However, when they catch me at the next light, I can see them looking to see what car I own and they look a bit puzzled.

I like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in a semi rural area.
Tonight, I just got back from a test drive on a newly paved perfectly straight 2+ mile road with a 55MPH limit and no one around anywhere.

I stopped, slowly rolled to about 15MPH and let it rip.
This thing just flat out took off. I decided to pull my foot off the gas pedal like when it had the factory tune and I'd be going 60MPH, except when I looked down, I was doing 75MPH.
It didn't do such to me before.
Wow, just wow.
Plus, before when I would accelerate at highway speeds, there was a strange low end exhaust sound when the turbo kicked in. Now it doesn't have that odd sound.

At any speed at this point, my Escape is without a doubt quicker than my V-8 2004 BMW X5 Sport.
Very nice.

One might ask why I do a 15MPH roll before letting things fly.
I am not a fan of punching it from a dead stop. Too much stress on the machinery in my opinion.

Now, I don't street race others, never have.
But I do look at numbers and the numbers tell me a stock 2017 Titanium 2.0L does 0-60 in 7.1 seconds, while the Subaru Forester does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds to lead the class in acceleration.
I got the Subaru Foresters covered. They don't scare my Escape anymore... on paper.

That makes me happy, yes it does.
I’ve beat a couple of 350z in my 2017 Escape 2.0 the 370z I don’t think I’d have a chance, I ran it with my 2010 gt and it did well, if I give the escape a 1 second head start I can’t pass it in my gt, now with the tune it'd be game over

41 - 55 of 55 Posts