2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend of mine has an older ~2006 Ford Explorer with a keyless entry pad. When he goes canoeing he locks his keys inside the car so they don't get lost or wet, then when he is ready to leave he enters his code in the keyless entry pad, inserts the key in the ignition and drives off.

I have a 2013 Escape SEL, it has the Keyless entry panel and Intelligent Access keys. I don't know if this same functionality is possible. If you lock the keys in, all you have to do is pull a door handle and the door unlocks, so anyone could steal the vehicle if you leave the keys inside. Is there a code for the keyless entry to force the doors to stay locked until the unlock code is entered?

or some other way to do this?

Also are these intelligent keys water resistant, are they easily destroyed by falling in water?

Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
To lock your Intelligent Access Key inside of your vehicle you need to use the keyless entry panel to lock your doors.

Hide your Intelligent Access Key inside the vehicle.

Press the 7*8 and 9*0 buttons on the keyless entry panel to lock the doors.

The Intelligent Access Key inside of the vehicle will not allow anyone to open the doors until you key in your access code on the keyless entry panel.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
good to know, I love to camp and this will be very helpful for future use.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Well will you look at that, I had my FE off, left the keys on the center console, rolled down the window, closed the door hit the buttons locked the keys' inside. Tried opening the doors with using the sensor's and no go. That's cool. Hit my code 1-2-3-4 and all unlocks. Cool find.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Awesome feature if you ask me :)

Will be great when you head to the beach or gym. Just leave everything in the car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you're paranoid, you can also put your key inside a tin case like an altoids can. It should block any signals from the key to the car.

You should be fine with the keyless entry panel. An added measure just in case you ever forget the lock the door.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd just throw the keys under the seat. They'll never find it :cool:

Unless there is another secret compartment you can think of.
i assume you know about the compartment behind the passenger seat?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Jim just remember the 14 or 15's lost that compartment.. sadly...I loved being able to throw my key in the door of my 13 and not have to carry it to the beach.. havent really done it with the 16 and the keyless remote..lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
one other thing to not forget ... turn off the lights ! A certain idiot I know (ME!) was tailgating at a soccer match, turned on the lights to find something went into the game forgetting to turn them off and my battery was so dead the keypad wouldn't work. I needed to call AAA to get into my car to get my keys and then jump me.

I umpire baseball and softball and love this feature and use it all the time to lock my keys in the car. :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
one other thing to not forget ... turn off the lights ! A certain idiot I know (ME!) was tailgating at a soccer match, turned on the lights to find something went into the game forgetting to turn them off and my battery was so dead the keypad wouldn't work. I needed to call AAA to get into my car to get my keys and then jump me.

I umpire baseball and softball and love this feature and use it all the time to lock my keys in the car. :)
Leaving just your interior lights on for the length of a soccer match killed the battery?

I love this feature as well. I used it for the first time the other day when I had a 5K to run. Put the keys in the cup holder of the backseat armrest to somewhat hide it (and far enough that they won't be able to just push to start) in case they were to break into the car.

I still don't like the fact that the original code can not be removed/changed but I'm not too bummed about it.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
The battery saver should have turned off the interior lights before the battery died.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The battery saver should have turned off the interior lights before the battery died.
In think instead of using the button on the lamp I used the dial that also was the dash light dimmer. Which I miss on the 2017 :( Not a fan that you can't turn all the lights on w/o opening the door, or you can't choose to turn them all off. One of the few minor things i liked in my older 'scape.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Leaving just your interior lights on for the length of a soccer match killed the battery?
don't remember if it was all the lights or what. I think it was also near the end of my battery life. What I do remember was my drunk friend insisting on breaking the window to get my keys and popping the hood to jump me and get me going. ARGH !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts