2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking of trading our 2013 for a 2017. Is there one particular model we should stay away from? I’ve found a titanium model I like. My wife wants to get another SE 1.6 eco boost. What’s the advice? What should we stay away from?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
We are thinking of trading our 2013 for a 2017. Is there one particular model we should stay away from? I’ve found a titanium model I like. My wife wants to get another SE 1.6 eco boost. What’s the advice? What should we stay away from?
That one...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure what other engine sizes you get in the USA but for me a 1.7t box needs something bigger than a 1.5 or 1.6 engine and I don't care what the claimed bhp and torque are. Small engines may work in F1 but they have a team of people working on that engine every week. We don't get the 2 litre petrol in the UK but that is the engine I would be going for. We don't have the 1.6 either but we have the 1.5 and it's never going t make my shopping list for my next car.

Reactions: ajef7885

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,483 Posts
The 2017 doesn’t have the 1.6L. It is now a 1.5L. Try searching the forum for each of the engines this model year came in. Personally, I would stick to the 2.0L engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts