2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Loud creaking noise 2013 Escape SE AWD

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  chucksbp 
#1 ·
My 2013 Ford Escape SE AWD is making a loud cyclical creaking noise coming from the the front driver's side wheel. Cyclical meaning it seems to make a loud noise every time the wheel is in a certain position and gets faster/slower as I accelerate/decelerate. The noise gets louder when I am braking and at slow speeds. Nothing else seems to be affected and the car is otherwise driving normally. I had the wheel bearings replaced 4 months ago, new brake pads and resurfaced rotors 2 months ago, and new tires recently. I just took it to a mechanic and he said it could be the wheel bearings but I am not so sure. Has anyone else had this issue? Could this be an issue with the axle or suspension?

#2 ·
If it sounds more like a screeching sound then, I’m thinking it could be the brake wear indicator making contact with the rotor.
Have you removed the wheel and taken a look to see if anything is loose or any obvious signs of something rubbing?

#7 ·
Mine started out of the blue one day, being an X service Pearson I was quite sure it was a ball joint heard it many times. I have a three year Ford warranty, but didn't want to mess with one little problem. I jacked it up made a small hole in the boot and sprayed an ample amount of white Grease in it, turned it left and right and repeated the grease a couple trims and its been fine for six moths or so. My backup camera is not clear as it should be so maybe when something else comes up Ill get everything on one visit!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.