2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to remove the black lower front valance from the bumper or does the bumper need to be removed entirely ? I need to replace a fog light assembly and I think I can get to it just by removing the valance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,626 Posts
It is removable, there are about 6 screws that secure it underneath at the rear of it. Then it's held on by tabs- you need to pull it off carefully IIRC.

I don't recall how much access you'd gain. Perhaps shine a torch through the front lower grille and have a look first?

The usual method for accessing the fog lights is by removing a wheel and popping off the lower section of the wheel arch liner. Then you can reach through.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I ended up removing the entire bumper and after I got that off I can see how to remove the valance but it wasn’t very clear nor does it provide the access I need to remove the entire fog light housing not just the bulb. That seems to require removing the entire bumper first. It’s tricky as the black ribbed decorative covers above the fog light have a pin that is threaded that actually is part of the attachment for the fog light everything requires removing the entire bumper Facia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts