2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I realize that you can go to the Audio section on the MFT and directly choose Satellite 1, 2, 3, a/v, FM 1, FM2, AM, etc., or use voice commands, I would also assume that many drivers really only work with a few of those selections.

In my case, I don't even think I have FM stations (definitely no AM) programmed. I often want to go from Sat-1 to Sat-2 and back, but when using the "M" button on the steering wheel, I seemingly click 12 times to get from Sat-2 back to Sat-1. I wish there was a way to identify which should be used in the rotation.

-grumpy

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
While I realize that you can go to the Audio section on the MFT and directly choose Satellite 1, 2, 3, a/v, FM 1, FM2, AM, etc., or use voice commands, I would also assume that many drivers really only work with a few of those selections.

In my case, I don't even think I have FM stations (definitely no AM) programmed. I often want to go from Sat-1 to Sat-2 and back, but when using the "M" button on the steering wheel, I seemingly click 12 times to get from Sat-2 back to Sat-1. I wish there was a way to identify which should be used in the rotation.

-grumpy

Heck ... that's enough to make anyone Grumpy. :)

A simple forward and back would work for you. But I guess no matter how many options they provide they will never satisfy everyone. Life was so much easier when all we had was vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.

I'm curious, what do you have against using the voice command? Don't tell me you found another woman who won't listen to you.

---

Reactions: leadmic

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm curious, what do you have against using the voice command? Don't tell me you found another woman who won't listen to you.

---
Voice is OK, but albeit a bit slow and if you muff it up, it takes even more time. I'd love to see a simple option to include or exclude them so that pressing "M" would cycle through only the desired choices.

Anybody know how (in theory at least) this would work in the new Sync 3 system?

·
Registered
982 Posts
You cannot go back while using the M function. It will only go to a previous function once it cycles through all presets on all inputs.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
You cannot go back while using the M function. It will only go to a previous function once it cycles through all presets on all inputs.
Can you deselect all presets in bands you don't use, to make it cycle faster?

---

1 - 6 of 6 Posts