2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wipers died after 2 weeks of a front shock absorbers replacement.
When I review the motors I found the main board scratched by the own axis of the motor.
Please check the images.
The front shock absorbers replacement was made in an official shop of Ford.
I ask me if there are any relation between the front shock absorbers replacement and the died of my wipers.

Circuit component Green Engineering Hardware programmer Fluid

Green Circuit component Organism Hardware programmer Font

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,833 Posts
My wipers died after 2 weeks of a front shock absorbers replacement.
When I review the motors I found the main board scratched by the own axis of the motor.
Please check the images.
The front shock absorbers replacement was made in an official shop of Ford.
I ask me if there are any relation between the front shock absorbers replacement and the died of my wipers.

View attachment 80351
View attachment 80350
What are the details of your Escape (year, trim, engine, etc..)?

·
Registered
2017 White/Gold Titanium 2.0 AWD
111 Posts
I would look at the leads on this board and test them for continuity. If one is broken just jumper it. I haven't any idea what a wiper motor costs but I bet it isn't cheap. You will need to do something to keep the rubbing part from hitting. Seems like an engineering Boo-boo.
Green Land lot Terrestrial plant Technology Pattern

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,448 Posts
Yes, the manual says to use a puller to remove the wipers but I've seen a few people on here say you don't need one....

FYI @juandavid the plastic cowling needs to be removed at the base of the windscreen to access the front strut top bolts. The wiper arms need to be removed first to get that off. So definitely related to the work you had done.

As menioned you may be able to resurrect it by bridging any broken circuit tracks. If you've got a multimeter check the continuity between the ends of any scratched tracks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If a dealer did the work, then it is guaranteed and you should tell them to fix the problem.

Reactions: RickO
1 - 7 of 7 Posts