2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the "easy exit" feature for the memory seats in my '17 Titanium. Occasionally, when I start the vehicle, it won't move the seat back to the correct position and I have to press the appropriate memory button on the door. Has anyone else seen this issue? I'm wondering if it's known to be flaky or if I should have the dealer check it out. I hate trying to get the dealer to handle anything intermittent because it's hard to reproduce the issue for them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi, one thing I have noticed is that if you enter your vehicle and "do not" start the vehicle almost right away (like, within 30-45 seconds) the "Easy Entry" feature does not always work. Then, I would have to push the memory seat button associated with the remote I currently have with me. This has happened a few times to me and the only common denominator is what I have described. Let us know how you make out!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
With my 2013, the memory seat is key fob specific. So use the same fob when you programmed the seat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use the "easy exit" feature for the memory seats in my '17 Titanium. Occasionally, when I start the vehicle, it won't move the seat back to the correct position and I have to press the appropriate memory button on the door. Has anyone else seen this issue? I'm wondering if it's known to be flaky or if I should have the dealer check it out. I hate trying to get the dealer to handle anything intermittent because it's hard to reproduce the issue for them.

I have the same issue from time-to-time on my 2017 Titanium. I just assumed there are odd situations where it is flaky. Waiting too long to start the vehicle is definitely one. A few others I have found is sitting in the car in Accessory Mode (hit the ignition button without your foot on the break); and also parking the car, turning it off to sit in a parking lot (easy exit seat kicks you backwards) and then restarting the car to leave (seat will not move back into memory position since the keys never left the vehicle). Just odd instances like that, but pressing memory 1 brings me right back.

The new issue I am having is the "easy exit" feature is not working all the time, or only goes back just a little bit. Anybody else have that issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks nando19, what you describe matches my experience quite well...odd situations where the seat doesn't work and you have to press the memory button to move the seat forward. As for your resent exit issues, I have not (yet) had that one. The exit feature works 100% of the time on my vehicle and always backs up the full distance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For what it's worth. You can turn the easy exit/entry feature on/off under the vehicle settings options. Maybe give that a shot to see if it resets itself? Drive around a trip with the feature completely off, then next trip turn it back on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium and the memory seats do not work at all, nothing works in the memory department related to the seats. No easy exit, no memory. The electric seats work but that is it. I am a taller person and my wife is short and the memory seats use to work and it was great. Set up with the key fobs specific and when you were going to get in car just hit the unlock button and the seats would go to your settings and now nothing works. Real frustration.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Do your mirrors still auto-adjust?
The seat issue you describe can be caused by a problem with the DDM -Drivers Door Module or the SMM Seat Memory Module.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts