2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 Titanium. In setting up the vehicle on Sync it says I can set brightness and color, but there are no color choices, just a brightness slider.

Anyone else have the same?

Is that a bug?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Titanium. In setting up the vehicle on Sync it says I can set brightness and color, but there are no color choices, just a brightness slider.

Anyone else have the same?

Is that a bug?
Standard (not available) on 2020 models

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Settings -> Scroll all the way to the right to get to the Ambient Lighting tile.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I noticed this in my 2020 as well. It seems either to be a software bug or the FE doesn't have multiple colors any more. Which would be really odd... I keep forgetting to check my sync version. They've had several builds of 3.4 in the past few months with some bug fixes.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hmm, I thought they had had multiple colors still. Can't recall if my test one had them all or not. Perhaps they decided on one color that was used the most? I'll have to go find one and take a look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I thought they had had multiple colors still. Can't recall if my test one had them all or not. Perhaps they decided on one color that was used the most? I'll have to go find one and take a look.
The info button on the setting says one can set both brightness and colors. The 2020 manual shows it correctly with no color settings. It's a bummer if they took that out and just left it as the teal blue. I liked that color-changing option in the 17 I just traded in.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just checked my hybrid...no option to change ambient color. I also believe it was mentioned in a couple of YouTube reviews as not available. Not a big deal for me as I always left it on blue on my previous Escapes.

·
Super Moderator
670 Posts
I have fun changing the ambient lighting color from time to time. It's a big deal to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just liked the dark blue, not the teal blue, but I'll live with it. It isn't a big deal to me. My mom likes changing her colors in her cmax often. I notice when I drive her car for some reason the color seems to be different.

Really unfortunate how Ford is cutting costs in the silliest ways. This had to save then 30 cents per car. The one note horn is so disappointing too.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
There's a config setting for multi or single color. Not sure if switching it would actually allow the old multiple color options or if the actual parts are fixed color lights.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's a config setting for multi or single color. Not sure if switching it would actually allow the old multiple color options or if the actual parts are fixed color lights.
A config setting in the SYNC 3.4 user menu? I've been through all the settings three or four times. I don't see it, but I may have missed it. Or, is it in a future build or back end admin menu?

It seems odd that they would be single fixed color if multiple past Ford models and years have color options.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
A config setting in the SYNC 3.4 user menu? I've been through all the settings three or four times. I don't see it, but I may have missed it. Or, is it in a future build or back end admin menu?

It seems odd that they would be single fixed color if multiple past Ford models and years have color options.
You'd need to change it with FORScan. It's an APIM configuration value. I can experiment with mine when I get it next month. Wife likes the purple, so I'm sure she'll ask if I can make it work. :LOL:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was looking through the WSM for something else lighting related and found this excerpt: "The BCM provides the voltage to the ambient lighting system, while the touchscreen ( FDIM) is used to turn the ambient lighting feature on or off. A LIN circuit is routed from the BCM to all of the Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs). The Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) illuminate ice blue in color."

Confirmed. Ice blue only. Just a brightness setting change available.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Confirmed. Ice blue only. Just a brightness setting change available.
That is very sad. I like the ice blue less now that I've driven at night. I will probably turn ambient lighting off completely. I'm not a big fan of the blue instrument dash either, mostly because it reflects in the driver window at night and can't be significantly dimmed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is very sad. I like the ice blue less now that I've driven at night. I will probably turn ambient lighting off completely.
Me too. It's worthless light.

Does Ford not understand the simple fact that we humans can't read under pure blue light?

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Me too. It's worthless light.

Does Ford not understand the simple fact that we humans can't read under pure blue light?

Frank
Also, at night, red is much better on the night vision eyes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I get what you're thinking, but the headlights already blow your night vision away. if you can perceive color, you're not using night vision.

And remember, there are two aspects to night vision.

Your pupil will respond to changes in light level more quickly than your eye can switch from photopic vision (day) to scotopic vision (night). Unfortunately, opening your eye's pupil also degrades your vision, making most people myopic (nearsighted) at night.

Optically, the solution is the opposite of "reading" glasses. I use old, stronger prescription glasses.

HAve fun,
Frank, the amateur astronomer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts