2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
898 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks OP for the link. Just in time, my Scion FR-S is due for an oil and filter change. I use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 0W-20. Walmart has that weight in stock. Will pick up 2 - 5 qt jugs today.

If you have a Discover card you can save another 5% by linking to Walmart through ShopDiscover, pay online, and pick up at the store the same day.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,340 Posts
warning re Walmart and this oil deal

Warning re: Walmart
I hate to be a buzzkill but FYI attached is an email reply I got from Mobil saying Walmart is NOT a participating dealer for purposes of this promotion :(

I know this is contrary to the 'verbal' info in the link provided by shift2drive, but planning on using Walmart myself, and them not being on the list on the promotion page
Store Rebate | Mobil 1™

I wrote to Mobil using the contact form on their website hoping to get a positive reply to send in with my rebate form
Mobil 1™ | Contact Us

No joy; so, caveat emptor .... if we send in rebate forms with Walmart receipts they may not be honored.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, Walmart isn't listed on their partial list of participating retailers: Store Rebate | Mobil 1â„¢

But the OP at SD said he called and confirmed Walmart and Amazon are participating, along with others throughout the thread. As with any rebate, proceed with caution because different reps will always give you different answers if it's not in black&white.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
.....different reps will always give you different answers if it's not in black&white.
That's a good point ... if anyone manages to get a written approval from Mobil for Walmart - please post it up in it's original form so others can include it in their rebate submittal ;-)

·
Registered
527 Posts
There is a debate over at Slick Deals whether the rebate will be honored if purchased from Walmart.

From posts at SD:
"We have contradictory reports of contacting M1 CS. Some people say that they say Walmart and Amazon qualify for the rebate. Others say they say they don't. So I will have to conclude that the CSRs have no idea. It's up to the rebate company."

"Basically there are 2 situations for them to legally reject the rebate:
1. Walmart , Amazon is not listed.
2. Rebate form must be "original form" which is supposedly provided by the listed retailers."

The rebate's terms and conditions state that:
"Print your name, address (no P.O. boxes), city, state, zip code, daytime phone number (area code included), email address (optional), vehicle make (required), vehicle model (optional) and participating UPC number of the purchased item on the official rebate form (available at the participating retailers)." Store Rebate | Mobil 1â„¢

The rebate form links from SD bring up rebate forms that have no line to enter the UPC number. The OP at SD claims these are valid rebate forms.

http://www.autowares.com/plug_ins/rebates/mobil_oil_rebate_0814.pdf

I stopped by Walmart today and they have no Mobil 1 rebate forms.

I emailed Walmart customer support and asked if they are a participating vendor in the rebate, and if yes would they email me the rebate form.

I'll be back with their answer.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
..... The rebate's terms and conditions state that:
"Print your name, address (no P.O. boxes) ......
Darn, thanks BobP, I'd missed that. No US Mail to my rural street address so since they won't mail to a PO Box I'm out :(

I've encountered this before on rebate offers ... so it goes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a debate over at Slick Deals whether the rebate will be honored if purchased from Walmart.

From posts at SD:
"We have contradictory reports of contacting M1 CS. Some people say that they say Walmart and Amazon qualify for the rebate. Others say they say they don't. So I will have to conclude that the CSRs have no idea. It's up to the rebate company."

"Basically there are 2 situations for them to legally reject the rebate:
1. Walmart , Amazon is not listed.
2. Rebate form must be "original form" which is supposedly provided by the listed retailers."

The rebate's terms and conditions state that:
"Print your name, address (no P.O. boxes), city, state, zip code, daytime phone number (area code included), email address (optional), vehicle make (required), vehicle model (optional) and participating UPC number of the purchased item on the official rebate form (available at the participating retailers)." Store Rebate | Mobil 1â„¢

The rebate form links from SD bring up rebate forms that have no line to enter the UPC number. The OP at SD claims these are valid rebate forms.

http://www.autowares.com/plug_ins/rebates/mobil_oil_rebate_0814.pdf

I stopped by Walmart today and they have no Mobil 1 rebate forms.

I emailed Walmart customer support and asked if they are a participating vendor in the rebate, and if yes would they email me the rebate form.

I'll be back with their answer.
Well, I guess this may be too good to be true. To my defense, I believe I posted this here before the doubts of Walmart/Amazon came up on SD. I guess proceed with caution. I'll update the OP.

EDIT: Nvm it's past the edit time.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Well, I guess this may be too good to be true. To my defense, I believe I posted this here before the doubts of Walmart/Amazon came up on SD. I guess proceed with caution. I'll update the OP.

EDIT: Nvm it's past the edit time.
I'll edit it if you let me know what you want to change. You can put it in a post or PM me.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Just bought oil and filters for both my Escapes. Will get $24.00 rebate (I use Autolite filters). Thank you for that info.

Well at least I'm only out a stamp. I bought oil and filters for both my Escapes. Wall Mart prices are about the cheapest around anyway, and I have to change the oil in both vehicles at some point anyway. It will probably be in 6 or 7 months cause we don't drive a lot of miles.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll edit it if you let me know what you want to change. You can put it in a post or PM me.
Just a small note as to YMMV if using Walmart/Amazon and to get participation in writing from Mobil if going that route.

Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Walmart's reply to my inquiry:
"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately we do not have any records of these rebates, for more information please try to reach the manufacturer.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email and we'll be happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Juan M.

Walmart.com Customer Care"

I know it's a big YMMV but I'm going to send in the rebate anyway. As mrmikesdeuce pointed out if rejected I'm only out the cost of a stamp and Walmart's price on Mobil 1 oil is the cheapest. And I was planning on buying it this week for my Scion.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I called Auto zone & they said the rebate form prints on the back of the receipt. Walmart does $10 off price match when you have the coupon. If you get another $12 off via the rebate = 13.5 cent / quart.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called Auto zone & they said the rebate form prints on the back of the receipt. Walmart does $10 off price match when you have the coupon. If you get another $12 off via the rebate = 13.5 cent / quart.
A fellow slickdealer, knowin' how to maximize the savings :D

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Well at least I'm only out a stamp. I bought oil and filters for both my Escapes. Wall Mart prices are about the cheapest around anyway, and I have to change the oil in both vehicles at some point anyway. It will probably be in 6 or 7 months cause we don't drive a lot of miles.

UPDATE: I just got my $24.00 rebate check from Mobil 1.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Check's in the mail.
Your rebate in the amount of $ 24.00 was mailed on September 22, 2014.
Please allow 14 days for delivery. Thank you.

Check the status of your rebate here: Mobil Rebate Research

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Check's in the mail.
Your rebate in the amount of $ 24.00 was mailed on September 22, 2014.
Please allow 14 days for delivery. Thank you.

Check the status of your rebate here: Mobil Rebate Research
And that was with a Walmart purchase/receipt, correct? Good on you!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Me too.....I received the $24 rebate check today......
So the oil was basically FREE!

WM $22.xx sale price minus $10 off coupon minus $12 rebate = free!

Deal x 2.

Of course the better deal was the $29K Liberty Mutual just coughed up for the new roof & windows....

·
Registered
860 Posts
Me too.....I received the $24 rebate check today......
So the oil was basically FREE!

WM $22.xx sale price minus $10 off coupon minus $12 rebate = free!

Deal x 2.

Of course the better deal was the $29K Liberty Mutual just coughed up for the new roof & windows....
Excellent. I am not understanding the $10 off WM coupon though? How did you get it ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts