2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have moisture in the light/turn signal of my passenger side mirror. 2016 Ti. Can the light be replaced or resealed without replacing the whole mirror?
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
The turn signal light assembly is a separate piece and can be purchase from Ford. I'm sure you could remove it and reseal the piece with silicone.
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2016/ford/escape/titanium-trim/2-0l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/outside-mirrors-scat
Here is a video changing the bulb in a Ford Fiesta, the mirrors are all similar in design, I changed the lens in a Taurus years ago and I belie it just snaps in I believe you un-clip it from the inside edge. The lens won't come out all the way unless you remove the cover I believe. The bulb socket will not allow it to come out from what I remember. Don't worry if you brake one of the clips on the cover, If the cover is loose just put a little dab of clear silicone on it then tape the cover until the silicone sets up You can always separate the silicone later for access just don't overdo the silicone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It could be the lamp socket was not totally seated to seal out moisture. The signals unit should be very easy to remove so you can see if the lamp socket was installed correctly or not. See the pic on location of the detention so you can just pop it out from the correct end. You can get used parts from eBay cheaply or could get one of those sequential one at pretty decent price too.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,718 Posts
Tilt the mirror lens inwards so you can see the wing mirror assembly internals. There's a rubber bulb holder for the indicator light and if it isn't seated correctly (ie. pushed all the way in) water will get in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts