2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning the vehicle went into a sort of limp mode and sending a message saying engine fault, restart engine. I stopped and restarted the engine and it ran fine. Tonight on the way home it happened again, but this time I put the OBD on it to try and capture any codes. What I got was P0222, P0122, P061C. The P0420 which has been there for months. Can't seem to get that fixed. This should not be happening to a new car. I looked up the codes, but I'm having no luck getting warranty work done. I may have to ship this car back to the USA or maybe someplace in W. Europe to get it fixed. For the moment it is running ok, but I have a feeling it will come on again tomorrow. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,693 Posts
This morning the vehicle went into a sort of limp mode and sending a message saying engine fault, restart engine. I stopped and restarted the engine and it ran fine. Tonight on the way home it happened again, but this time I put the OBD on it to try and capture any codes. What I got was P0222, P0122, P061C. The P0420 which has been there for months. Can't seem to get that fixed. This should not be happening to a new car. I looked up the codes, but I'm having no luck getting warranty work done. I may have to ship this car back to the USA or maybe someplace in W. Europe to get it fixed. For the moment it is running ok, but I have a feeling it will come on again tomorrow. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.
Have you searched the forum for the error codes you got? There should be existing information to help you.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Car is 2019 and should be in warranty. Any reason you do not want to take it to dealer?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Car is 2019 and should be in warranty. Any reason you do not want to take it to dealer?
Likely because he is somewhere there aren't many Ford dealers. Car was imported it sounds like.

I would try to get it to a dealer if its not too much hassle... Ford should honor the warranty in the country you purchased it in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Eastern Europe, Northern Macedonia. My Escape is US Specs, and I bought it here and picked it up in Germany when it came off the boat. There is a Ford Dealer less than 4 miles from my house. There is one in Kosovo, hour and a half drive away. There is one in Greece, 3 hour drive away. There is one in Bulgaria 4 hour drive away. The problem is none of them does warranty work on American cars. Ford should honor a warranty regardless of where the car came from. The Ford dealer here have helped me on many occasions, but hey can't get reimbursed for parts. They have to fight the suits and bean counters in Hungary. When I had a recall on my Mustang they fixed it at a loss because they could get their money back. I'm working with Ford USA and the company I bought the Escape from to get the car fixed at no cost to me. It is a horrible situation. Today it threw 13 codes and runs like you know what.

·
Super Moderator
1,965 Posts
What I got was P0222, P0122, P061C.
What do those codes mean? Could it be a problem with coolant leaking into a cylinder- some 2.0l engines have been affected. There are other posts on here referring to it. To check all that needs to be done is pressurise the coolant system (engine off) and check if it loses pressure.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
The P0122 and P0222 codes are related to the "throttle position sensor" circuit, but with your situation and the amount of codes, I would recommend proper diagnosis by a competent technician, even if it's money out of your pocket.

Often when you have multiple codes, there is one "root cause" for all or at least most of them.

Good luck and keep us updated!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No one is actually saying, but it would appear the big issue of getting my car fixed is who is going to pay for it. For a European dealer to get reimbursed they have to go through Ford Hungary who is less that cooperative when it comes to American spec vehicles. I have Ford USA working on this issue. They told me they have had many cases like this and not to worry, but it will take a little time. I asked why it is like this Ford is Ford. Each dealership is individually owned and not the big happy family most people think it to be. Plus you have to deal with country issues and policies. I told them today to fix it and if we don't have the warranty situation sorted out, I'll pay for it and get reimbursed from Ford.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Could it be a problem with coolant leaking into a cylinder- some 2.0l engines have been affected. There are other posts on here referring to it.
I don't have a clue, and perhaps not a good idea to speculate. I'll let them do their thing and I'll post the findings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts