2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm just curious who here has the most miles on their FE. I have a 2013 Titanium and I just hit 100,000 the other day (see pic below). Still running great and I'm very pleased with the vehicle overall. So who's driven their FE more miles than I have? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just passed the 48,000 mark on my 2013 FET. I'd love to hear this vehicle is capable of Volvo like usable mileage.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
Subscribed to follow .... please include engine and FWD/AWD in your posts if it's not in your signature block!

(only 41,400 smiles here)

;)

Reactions: ralph7up

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 2013 Escape has 187000kms/116200miles still runs great :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was searching for a thread on this, to see what I could expect in the coming years. All my other cars ceased production long before this generation of FE, so the boards I am on plenty of miles (and with a Grand Marquis, lots of 200k mile 4 year old cop cars and 400k 6 year old limos).

My cars get a relatively large number of miles, I have mine for 6 weeks and just turned 3366 miles. It isn't a crazy amount, but I will hope to be hitting 150,000 with only oil changes and consumable replacements, and a stinkin timing belt (should have researched that out...).

While looking for a car for my daughter I have looked a few +120k 2013 and 2014 FEs, and for the most part they seem to be okay.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just getting started on my 2014 that came off a corporate lease.

My 2005 Escape was a great car and had 140,000 when I traded.
I do miss the confidence I had in the 6 it ran on. Never had any trouble with that car.
One of the key fobs broke at the key ring, so I had to switch to the other one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
First off, Centex how are you sir! I hope you are doing well in this wonderful spring/summer we are having here. :D

Now, back on track with the thread here...

just kicked over 100k on our roadie that took us from SE Texas to central Florida and then to NOLA and then back home.

this is a wonderful ride all...2013 Ford Escape SEL 2.0 and its been a pleasure to drive. not perfect however...

first off...I seem to have that wonderfully light rattle coming from the rear passenger side door area. checked the seat belt buckle and did a tap test on everything...of course it only seems to rattle on a chilly morning...luckily this is Texas.

second...the battery terminal went terminal on us when we went on a trip to PA. I mean this thing was eaten in TWO. I know its under the plastic cover but its funny how the dealer (Planet Ford....yeah...I name drop...no shame...) checks the box that they inspected the battery....but oh lordy how they love to press my wife for a tranny flush.

third...the funny shift at freeway speeds...seems that this thing has a gremlin with a hammer down there...in normal drive mode and putting around town its fine...on the freeway after an hour or two...if you tip in hard it hits back...if you tip in easy...then it downshifts and you get going....if you are in sport mode, then it feels sporty and will shift firm but not harsh...of course on the trip the best solution was to just get it to 75, sport mode manual and leave it in 6th. problem solved.

last...wish this bloody thing had about 3-4 extra gallons of gas in the tank.

for a 2013 (first year run)...I was a bit worried...but after this many years and miles...I be happy.

Reactions: centex

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great to hear! I keep vehicles for a long long time, I only have one that is under 200,000 (besides the 3 month old FE, but it is close to 5,000 miles), and expect with modern things like fuel injection for them to last with minimal work required. It took some doing to get 250,000 miles out of an 82 Fairmont with the worst V8 of all times, the 255, as in one engine rebuild and one transmission rebuild, but my 89 Cougar did it with only 2 head gasket replacements.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Currently...

209,670 miles

2013 SE with 1.6 Ecoboost.

Still runs fantastic.
Just curious. Did your 2013 have the engine recall for the 1.6 like mine?

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
I had recalls related to engine cooling, potential fire hazards, and coolant leaks. Is there a particular recall you had in mind?
Yes. Ford recall 13S12 or NTSA recall 13V583.

From your description, it sounds as if you may have had that one. If so, I am encouraged about the mileage that you have on your vehicle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just hit 150,000 miles on my 2013. I missed the moment it rolled over (and 80-some miles after that...) but managed to catch it at 150,086. Still running (and, for the most part at least, looking) like new!

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
mileage

2013 1.6L 114000 miles on it.... runs really well just mainly maintenance.... I hope to keep it 3 to 4 more years.... Dave...

Reactions: Archtop Bill

·
Registered
49 Posts
2014 2.0 titanium with 117k. Oil analysis look good. Mobil-1 most of its life. Had to change the rear lower links for adjustable ones to get rid of a rear camber issue, but that's all I've needed to fix so far. Installed sync 3 which makes me so happy... I'm hoping for another three+ years before the risk of breakdown isn't worth it.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
1 Posts
About to hit the 180k mark on my 2013. Just synthetic oil changes every 10k and consumables so far! She’s been real good to me and still to this day fun to drive. As previously mentioned, would love a bigger fuel tank, perhaps better mileage, but certainly can’t complain. Plus, I tow my 19’ boat with her!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts