2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
854 Posts
I've only changed my air filter once. Will change it again as soon as the snow flies. I didn't have any problem installing the motocraft filter. After I had the neck in the hole, I just had it lined up right and pressed in on the back end while I dropped it in. It's a perfect fit with that technique.

Reactions: MoneyPit1946

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a new Motorcraft air filter for my 2015 FE 2.0. Upon attempting to install the filter it became very clear that it wasn't going to fit. It is the exact same part number as the original factory filter. It is made in Mexico as was the original. I was able to force it into the box but was unable to align the cover so the screws would match up. When holding the filters side by side, the new one is slightly longer. What I would like to know is since the part has the same number as the original why is this one a bit longer and not fitting in my car? I purposely bought the Motorcraft part to avoid any fitment issues. Has anyone else had this problem?
I've had the same problem. Tried motorcraft and others. No luck. Just barely too long.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've had the same problem. Tried motorcraft and others. No luck. Just barely too long.
They fit, it is just tight..Make sure the tab at the closed end of the filter lines up with the notch at the bottom of the air box, and then with your palm of your right hand push inward while lining the filter up with the opening..make sure the edges are in the groves on the air box..then the cover will line up...Its very hard till you get the hang of it...Stupid design...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased a new Motorcraft air filter for my 2015 FE 2.0. Upon attempting to install the filter it became very clear that it wasn't going to fit. It is the exact same part number as the original factory filter. It is made in Mexico as was the original. I was able to force it into the box but was unable to align the cover so the screws would match up. When holding the filters side by side, the new one is slightly longer. What I would like to know is since the part has the same number as the original why is this one a bit longer and not fitting in my car? I purposely bought the Motorcraft part to avoid any fitment issues. Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm having exact same problem. I ended up putting the end with the notch in first and then forcing other end into place. I also verified all part numbers and new filter appears to be about 1.0 mm longer than the used one.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts