2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Does any one have the part number or name for the Mudflap-like in front of rear wheels ? Our Escape has one (drivers) cracked and hanging..

Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Greetings.
I don't know the part #'s to those forward-facing mud flaps you are speaking of, but I too damaged one on a dirt road a few years ago. I was able to buy that flat-like mud flap, but I (and possibly you) had sustained a crack from the rock impact on the lower plastic fascia that it attaches to. That fascia board runs all the way to the bottom of the front door (a good 5' or so long). The last lime I prices the fascia, it was about $180.00. I think the plastic flap itself was $24 or so. You'll have to check with the dealer. My dealer was stumped with the poor Ford part schematics but they did find it. If you have a crack into the fascia board, you may try to use a strong epoxy bond to fix it like I did and save the $180.00
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention, they flaps themselves serve no logical purpose...except to become damaged and make dealerships $ selling parts! I would suggest just taking out what remaining screws are in it out, discarding the broken flap and putting the screws back in to seal the holes. Then you can see if there is damage to the fascia board behind it as well. If you ever upsize your tires a size or two, those flaps will need to be removed for the bigger tires to fit in when lowering the car off a car lift.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
The above linked part may be correct, but Ford could have changed the design too. You did not state your model year. I know 2014 - 2017 models have a flap with crisscrossing (barn door-like) lines on it. The parts schematic shown doesn't show that...and it may not because it is just a parts schematic. I'd look into it further. Also, if you cracked the entire panel behind that flap and underneath the doors ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, then here is the correct schematic for that part. I don't have the one for the passenger side, but you can find it.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
@gaspar, I was able to dig out the old set I had removed and took close up pictures. There are some body or panel mounting clips on one side and the barn-door crisscrossing lines on the other (facing rearward towards the tires). There are 2 screws per side that actually go through the clips on the other side into the body or panel. The piece and part # for each side is different, and remember I have a 2014, so I know the part is good for years 2013 - 2017. If you look at the individual parts, I have zoomed in enough for you to make out the Ford part #. I believe that was the only way the could find me the exact replacement piece. PM me if you can't make out the part # or have a question.

Attachments

·
Banned
2 Posts
Body flap

I don't know the name or the part number, but any GOOD body shop should be able to identify the part and order it for you. I do computer work for a shop and their estimating software will tell you all about the part and the part number and the approx price.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yep, air deflector or air dam (ford says deflector) 2017-2018 are different from older vehicles.
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-deflector-gj5z16b075a/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9ZmVuZGVyLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9TUsxMzA4NTUmcj0xMyZhPWZvcmQmbz1lc2NhcGUmeT0yMDE3JnQ9c2UmZT0xLTVsLWw0LWdhcw==

when you scroll down to "This part also fits" you'll note the years listed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@gaspar, I was able to dig out the old set I had removed and took close up pictures. There are some body or panel mounting clips on one side and the barn-door crisscrossing lines on the other (facing rearward towards the tires). There are 2 screws per side that actually go through the clips on the other side into the body or panel. The piece and part # for each side is different, and remember I have a 2014, so I know the part is good for years 2013 - 2017. If you look at the individual parts, I have zoomed in enough for you to make out the Ford part #. I believe that was the only way the could find me the exact replacement piece. PM me if you can't make out the part # or have a question.
Awesome @needliftnow Thanks you very much

·
Registered
426 Posts
@gaspar You're welcome. Good luck.
By the way the small hex-head screws (2 per flap) have a decent-sized washer on them too. If they are rusty (as they get all the spray from the tires on them), you may want to replace them new ones.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yep, air deflector or air dam (ford says deflector) 2017-2018 are different from older vehicles.
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-deflector-gj5z16b075a/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9ZmVuZGVyLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9TUsxMzA4NTUmcj0xMyZhPWZvcmQmbz1lc2NhcGUmeT0yMDE3JnQ9c2UmZT0xLTVsLWw0LWdhcw==

when you scroll down to "This part also fits" you'll note the years listed.
I know I am bumping an d old thread, but that is the front wheel/fender part, not the rear wheel deflector.

Seems all the references I found show the rear the same from 2013 to 2019

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had to get a new air deflector for the passenger side rear wheel of my 2014 Ford Escape through a Ford dealer after it fell off. The parts rep there knew exactly what I was looking for as soon as I described it. Part number and description from my receipt:

Deflector CJ5Z-7811778-A

Installed it myself. Super easy even for one who is not a mechanic. I did have to get the screws and plug for it separately, as they did not come with the part.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts