2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Original battery. In service 11-2017. Drove it right after I took it off the charger. Into dealer this coming Monday.

Still under the 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My 2018 Escape is going to dealer tomorrow same problem S/S worked fine then this February it stopped with the exception of two days that it all of a sudden started to work and now stopped again. Dealer said first thing they will check is battery. Really doesn't seem worth having the feature. I wish you could disable it permanently.
See this.

Start / Stop Eliminator (17-19 Escape)

Reactions: Tanat

·
Registered
88 Posts
An update to my issue. I took the wife's 2018 Escape Titanium into the dealer yesterday to get to the bottom of the start/stop problem.

They check for codes first and found none. They charged the battery for a couple of hours and found it was at only 46% capacity. Battery failed. They replaced the battery under the 3/36K warranty.

Since the battery was replaced under warranty, it's only warranted till the 3 year/ 36K warranty expires in November of this year.

But it's good to have a new battery, something she doesn't have to worry about failing down the road for awhile.

I've had a few batteries that were good 1 day and dead the next with no sign of failing. Not sure if the AGM's act the same way. Being under the hood, heat is a killer for battery longevity. Seems it's hard to get 3 years out of a battery anymore.

I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the original AGM battery, but it's located under the passenger seat out of the heat.

The only sign of a battery problem in the Escape was the start/stop issue. The car always started fine with no signs of it failing. Rep said the start/stop issues are 90% battery problems.

·
Registered
2019 Escape Titanium 2.0L
45 Posts
Fixed.

I got a call from the dealer about closing time. They said after everything they did, what they had to do was disconnect the battery and touch the two battery wires together for 2-3 minutes and then everything just worked. I do not know if that was a Ford recommended action or just a Hail Mary attempt by the dealership, but it worked.
Did they make sure they danced on their right foot under a full moon, holding their left earlobe in their right hand, turning clockwise (counter-clockwise in the southern hemisphere) for EXACTLY 7.3498 seconds?

181 - 184 of 184 Posts