2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wonder if the battery charge condition is also the reason that sometimes when I first get in it the memory seat also does not automatically move . ??

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
So the auto start-stop feature on my 2019, with only 12,300 miles on it, stopped working. I attached a trickle charger to the battery and it's indicating the battery is somewhere below an 80% charge.
You think once it gets close to fully charged the feature will start working again?
Not close. Must be 80 or better. SOC is one of several parameters that must be met before it will work.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I wonder if the battery charge condition is also the reason that sometimes when I first get in it the memory seat also does not automatically move . ??
I would think so. If the battery is not fully charged it can affect all sorts of technology especially the stop/start feature as mentioned by @ralph7up

·
Registered
106 Posts
It worked.....only 6-7 hours on the trickle charger & now the S/S works. Over the winter, riders in the back seat had also many times used the 110 V plug to power a heating blanket.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It worked.....only 6-7 hours on the trickle charger & now the S/S works. Over the winter, riders in the back seat had also many times used the 110 V plug to power a heating blanket.
Well, therein lies your problem, tell your backseat passengers to wear heavier clothing... :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, therein lies your problem, tell your backseat passengers to wear heavier clothing... :p
Grandkids love that heating blanket. I think we went 3-4 weeks here with temps never getting above freezing. The front heated seats must be the hottest of any car on the market! You can really burn your butt!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That steering wheel parameter is a subtle one! If stopped for a right turn with the wheels turned in anticipation.
Also, any defroster or defroster blend selection will prevent S/S from engaging. Battery load can have an effect as well, even with a good battery. Stopped with lights, driving lights, both seat heaters on, HVAC fan on a higher speed. At a longer stop, e.g., waiting for a train, the S/S may turn the engine back on.
Interesting. I just picked up a gently used 2018. Thr start-stop function worked day 1 and 2, but the weather was great and nobdefrist/climate cobtrol was on. I thank you for that input!

261 - 267 of 267 Posts