2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. Just purchased a 2019 SEL and love it. However, my wife noticed a few odd noises coming from the Escape as we just sat in it with the engine recently turned off. There are a lot of strange noises like electronics and tiny servos moving and making noises. I come from a 2007 Yaris and before that a 1998 Grand Prix.. so all this tech is new to me. Is it normal for the Escape to kind of... I don't know.. go into sleep mode after 10 or 15 minutes after being shut down? Like my X-Box ONE that makes a bunch of whirring noises as its shut down to prepare itself to the reboot next time I want to get owned in Call of Duty.

- Ford Escapist

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
When I just got my '17' , I noticed all those do noises too when shut down...Some seem to be in the electronics, a delay, so you can still operate some items, and when you open the door , seems the fuel pump gets primed before you start her up...All is normal...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've heard the same sound, both in our 2018 and our new 2019. Sometimes its just a few but other times I swear its like the thing has a cd drive and is ejecting the cd! Can't figure out what all the different ones are....

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Yeah..I hear all sorts of whirring noises when I open the driver's door and often hear them when I open the passenger front door and also sometimes when I leave the car after shut down. Wouldn't worry about it...maybe it's just the car waking up and later going back to sleep again. :p

Reactions: wungun

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've heard the same sound, both in our 2018 and our new 2019. Sometimes its just a few but other times I swear its like the thing has a cd drive and is ejecting the cd! Can't figure out what all the different ones are....
I drive a semi occasionally, and today's semis and most light truck diesels have a Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) system that helps reduce soot and other pollutants. when shutting off, the controller for the DEF pump keeps the pump running to purge the DEF back to its tank. I imagine The Escape and other makes do a purging sequence to return fuel back to the tank from the fuel manifold and Evap canister to reduce fuel vapor emissions.

Winter starting tip: For an easier, quicker start with an older vehicle in very cold temps, turn the key to only "ON" for one or two seconds before going into "START." This allows the fuel pump to fully pressurize the fuel manifold. on late model cars, this is that momentary sound you hear when you open the door; everything is fully primed before you start the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts