2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
That would be me.
Would you be interested in selling me the proper configuration for my 2014 Escape to be used in a new Sync 3 system?

EDIT
So since I can't write worth crap when I don't feel good. What this post means is:
I have access to the hardware and accessories, but I need to get the codes for FORSCAN to program my APIM once it is installed.
I don't want to cause any problems or confusion, and I realize my working was TERRIBLE.
I could spend time trying to figure it out, but I am at the point where I saved enough hardware wise to just pay someone to send me the configuration file I need to program the darned thing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wakeup old topic.
So i have 2016 escape (kuga here) with sync2. i've been searching all the parts. I didnt buy anything yet, but i quess i will order them tomorrow if i have enough money :p first i asked these guys who sells the whole kit. but im not going to put 1000€ for sync update. its just too much. I found all the parts for a bit under 400 and ill trye to bargin from the screen, the screen is from 2017 focus i quess it should fit. It has the apim attached, im not sure is it navi or not. I dont really care i only use maps/waze from phone in the edge too.. Is there anything i should ask from the apim/screen? I will ask a better picture from apim P/N number plate to make sure what it is. Basically my biggest worry is the programming at the moment. I already tracked a VIN from similar but sync3 escape. It has parking sensors front and rear, backup camera, keylessgo, handsfree boot, xenon, led inside lights, what else should i notice from it? What other option should match? I have the as-built data from both cars stored now. When i have everything installed and i open forscan, do i just press load all and click the whole asbuilt file there?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,619 Posts
Welcome to the forum. FYI there are a few kits (new parts AFAIK) popping up on AliExpress for reasonable prices. At least one seller says they program it all to suit your vehicle as well.

To my knowledge there are two different screen types- I'm not sure if the Focus uses the same type or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum. FYI there are a few kits (new parts AFAIK) popping up on AliExpress for reasonable prices. At least one seller says they program it all to suit your vehicle as well.

To my knowledge there are two different screen types- I'm not sure if the Focus uses the same type or not?

Yes there are 2 types of screens, and escape and focus has the same. So in worst case i will have to change the brackets. but otherwice it should fit fine.

I was checking these ebay kit sellers, best price i got was a bit over 600$ so its not too bad. I started asking from one of the sellers, they said that they have to put 64gb memory to fit EU maps and started to ask more money from it. Twice i asked about the programming that will it come programmed he never replied to that. So i figured not to buy these kits..

Since i found the screen/apim from scrapyard near me i will go there and trye to bargin it. Im pretty sure about the programming phase, but if someone who has done it could confirm that is it really that simple i think it is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the number form apim can someone check if that has navi? JM5T-14G370-GHC I also have the Vin if you can check it with it. I tried the VIN to ford sync update site and it only offered software update. No map update. so i quess its non navi apim. WF06XXGCC6HG27658

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the number form apim can someone check if that has navi? JM5T-14G370-GHC I also have the Vin if you can check it with it. I tried the VIN to ford sync update site and it only offered software update. No map update. so i quess its non navi apim. WF06XXGCC6HG27658
confirmed from ford, no navi.

so now i have everything ordered. everything expect the cable for usb hub should arrive this week. ill make the switch during weekend if i have time. total cost 349€

·
Registered
5 Posts
And now its done. Simple job! programmin was really easy, i had the as-built data ready from a bit newer escape.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts