2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Does the Navigation sad card ever get updated ! I think mine is sd card 10 for my 2015 escape!
You have to buy the SD cards and the SD card is different depending on whether the car has the small display in the centre of the dash known as sync 1, or the 8" touch screen display which is sync 2.

Reactions: Paws112

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,315 Posts
She wouldn't have had NAV on the small screen, only the larger 8".
The A11 card was released in 2020, I haven't seen anything on an A12.

I'll correct myself here, the A12 was released for sale on 08-31-2021

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to buy the SD cards and the SD card is different depending on whether the car has the small display in the centre of the dash known as sync 1, or the 8" touch screen display which is sync 2.
Right but my escape didn’t come with the navigation, I had to buy the forscan elm327 to enable my navigation! At the time I was told to buy the A10 sd card, which was about 11 months ago! My escape is a 2015 titanium

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,714 Posts
Right but my escape didn’t come with the navigation, I had to buy the forscan elm327 to enable my navigation! At the time I was told to buy the A10 sd card, which was about 11 months ago! My escape is a 2015 titanium
If your A10 card works, then there shouldn’t be any reason a newer card wouldn’t work.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The "cutoff" on NAV cards was related to the version level of MFT that was loaded into the APIM.
If the level was less than 3.8 the highest card you could use without updating to 3.8 was an A8, if 3.8 or 3.10 is loaded you can used everything from an A1 though whatever is current.
If you do get an A11 or A12 make sure you do a Master Rest on you APIM, these cards are formatted with exFat which runs much faster than the pre-A11 cards which were formatted with FAT32. The reason for the reset is to clear the cache and force the OS to optimize it's read strategy (otherwise you can get weird things like the voice telling you to turn 5-10 seconds after the screen has shown that you need to turn).

·
Registered
521 Posts
@jpohlman You mean a master reset to Sync 2, not a master reset within FORSCAN to APIM settings, right?
My card is an fairly recent A10 but even I have noticed delayed voice, missing street numbers for a road and other issues. I was temped to get a newer card to hopefully resolve some of these issues. If I do so I will be sure to do a master reset.

·
Registered
521 Posts
@Paws112 If you are not having issues such as addresses not coming up, roads in the wrong places or other anomolies, then I'd say stick with the A10. New map cards for Sync 2 are always nice, but it doesn't guarantee that there are updates that will alleviate issues of noticed on the A10 card. I have some minor address and road issues with mine...but nothing as bad as my non-updated 10 year old Garmin suction cup GPS! The more time that goes by the more you may want to update the card, but I'd give it a few more years. Plus the price of the cards drops after a year or so. The A12 card is running $79.99 on Ebay, whereas the A11 card is sub $30.00. There is one constant in life, "change", LOL!

Reactions: Paws112

·
Registered
240 Posts
She wouldn't have had NAV on the small screen, only the larger 8".
The A11 card was released in 2020, I haven't seen anything on an A12.

I'll correct myself here, the A12 was released for sale on 08-31-2021
Strange you didn't get navigation on the small screen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Paws112 If you are not having issues such as addresses not coming up, roads in the wrong places or other anomolies, then I'd say stick with the A10. New map cards for Sync 2 are always nice, but it doesn't guarantee that there are updates that will alleviate issues of noticed on the A10 card. I have some minor address and road issues with mine...but nothing as bad as my non-updated 10 year old Garmin suction cup GPS! The more time that goes by the more you may want to update the card, but I'd give it a few more years. Plus the price of the cards drops after a year or so. The A12 card is running $79.99 on Ebay, whereas the A11 card is sub $30.00. There is one constant in life, "change", LOL!
Thank you

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Strange you didn't get navigation on the small screen.
US has never had NAV on the 4" screen even now.
The closest you could get with the 4" was a piece Ford called "Sync Destinations", you could use a smart phone to look up an address and then send turn by turn directions via Sync Services and it would display on the 4" but without any kind of map.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts