2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, took car to dealer and found RCM is defected. Charging arm and leg to replace. However, I would first like to see if the connector to the RCM are connector Was told that the connector comes loose and gives a code that RCM defect. How can I get to RCM without disassembling the entire center console. Does anyone out there have the shop manuel and can provide the disassembly of the center console. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,506 Posts
Hello, took car to dealer and found RCM is defected. Charging arm and leg to replace. However, I would first like to see if the connector to the RCM are connector Was told that the connector comes loose and gives a code that RCM defect. How can I get to RCM without disassembling the entire center console. Does anyone out there have the shop manuel and can provide the disassembly of the center console. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. No one is allowed to post information from the shop manual here as it is copyright material. Your best bet would be to purchase temporary access to the manual. Maybe someone else here can post a link to the site where you can buy this.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
How can I get to RCM without disassembling the entire center console. Does anyone out there have the shop manuel and can provide the disassembly of the center console.
1. You can't
2. See below

..... a link to the site where you can buy this.
It's a sticky post at the top of the subforum where this thread is posted o_O :LOL:

The 24-hr subscription at ~$24 will get you all you need to be able to access the RCM in the quickest manner without damaging anything. Use the Workshop Manual alphabetic index to find "restraints control module removal and replacement", then follow the hyperlinks from within that section for required interior trim removal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Really the center console is quite easy to disassemble only three screws If I remember correctly and the rest are clips. If you use the search feature at the top of the page, and put in "removal of center console" there are some posts that will help you. there's a member that posted some pictures of his project that require the console removal.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Really the center console is quite easy to disassemble only three screws ….
It's a bit more than that to access the RCM, but the WSM makes it straightforward …. well worth the nominal subscription fee for this project IMO.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
@martinjose, look in your 2017 Warranty Guide, I believe you'll find the Safety Restraints System (which includes RCM) is covered for 5yrs / 60,000 miles whichever comes first (it definitely was for 2014 model year).

Are you over 60k miles? If not, your dealer may need 'reminding' of the special duration and applicability of this standard warranty provision - they can verify it with your VIN.

It's a separate standard warranty category from the 3/36 B-to-B or the limited Powertrain Warranty - service writers often don't remember that.

·
Super Moderator
5,506 Posts
Thanks all for your support. Sorry about requesting a copy of the manual per the console. As for restraint warranty, well over. at 72,000 miles.
As for the service manual. thanks for the information.
No need to apologize. Good luck with this. Please keep us posted with your progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts