2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
Proud day old owner of a 2013 SE AWD 2.0 which has a bit of a strange build sheet (Canadian delivered)
Sync 2, but no Nav nor reverse camera
Power Tailgate and Panoramic Roof but no power drivers seat.

Now, I know my way around with a set of sockets and a multimeter ( I do still own a Land Rover Disco 2 TD5, 5sp back in Aus which is 'maturing' while we spend a few years here in Canada.. Also learnt to drive in a 5sp 1.6L Ford Lase then got myself into a Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 which was a dangerously fast and fun car.
Current car is a 2010 Mazda3 2.0 but we need something a bit bigger with a bit more ground clearance and AWD as we hit a lot of FSRs in the BC Summer)

Anyway...
So as part of the deal I promised the Wife I'd add a couple of things.
  • Factory integrated Nav - This one I've already sussed. Read all the how-tos and already ordered myself a Veepeak ELM327 (with Hi/Low) and an A11 2020 Map card
    (I've had good success with their bluetooth OBD reader so sticking with them for the ELM327)
  • This one is a bit funny - No reverse camera!
    Now, the previous owner said the old Sync touchscreen had failed so they had a replacement fitted from a donor that did have a Reverse Cam fitted, so when you hit Reverse, you get the 'Camera Not Available. Please see Dealer message" - akin to one being faulty?
    So my hope is I can just purchase myself a factory rear lift gate trim camera, connect it to what I hope is a pre-existing loom which will shortcut my way up to the Sync2 system. Failing that I'm prepared to buy the 4Dtech harness and get it tied into the factory trim camera
    (the deal was everything had to be as factory as possible)
  • More for myself than her, I'd love to find an Electric drivers seat from a wreck and drop that in. Doesn't have to be full memory function but latest have the tilt/slide/lumber adjust. I get leg & back pain on longer drives so being able to fine tune the position will be a lifesaver. I'm hoping there's already a 12v feed under the seat here too
  • If, and only if a decently priced set of factory Titanium HID / Projector headlights come about I'll put those in.
    (I did a proper 'The RetrofitSource upgrade to the Legnum and the lighting was night and day. The Mazda had factory Projectors, but not HID, though I did put my own in.. Super handy - especially when driving is miserable rainy Vancouver nights
    Massive fan of projector headlights but not interested in AliExpress specials and don't have the speciality tools (I do back in Aus) to do another TRS Retrofit
Other miscellaneous to-dos
  • Hardwired Dashcam - Have one In the Mazda but will upgrade to a better one this time around (Vancouver is home to some truely terrible drivers, so this one is a MUST)
  • 3000K LED Fogs (the yellow really helps in snowy conditions)
  • Only came with one key, so a second, preferably Flip style key (which will be the primary)
  • maybe some of the switchback style DRLs that replace the trim under the headlight (again, anything to make yourself more visible to terrible Vancouver drivers the better)
  • replacement Airbox lid. The car had a very minor front end collision in the past and it appears they misplaced the lid when it was being repaired so it has a K&N Pod filter, (I appreciate the 'choo-choo noises' bringing out the boy-racer in me once again) should have a proper enclosure.
  • Miscellaneous parts to bring the Thule Aero crossbars and roof-bike racks over from the Mazda
  • Tow Bar (For a shuttle style Bike Rack)
  • Sort out why the Right steering controls don't work (Sync voice/Phone/Home/Info)..
Sorry for the long winded post, but at least its all over now.
Hopefully someone is able to chime in and answer a few of the Q's / Clarify the potential of all of the above.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,764 Posts
Hi Folks,
Proud day old owner of a 2013 SE AWD 2.0 which has a bit of a strange build sheet (Canadian delivered)
Sync 2, but no Nav nor reverse camera
Power Tailgate and Panoramic Roof but no power drivers seat.

Now, I know my way around with a set of sockets and a multimeter ( I do still own a Land Rover Disco 2 TD5, 5sp back in Aus which is 'maturing' while we spend a few years here in Canada.. Also learnt to drive in a 5sp 1.6L Ford Lase then got myself into a Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 which was a dangerously fast and fun car.
Current car is a 2010 Mazda3 2.0 but we need something a bit bigger with a bit more ground clearance and AWD as we hit a lot of FSRs in the BC Summer)

Anyway...
So as part of the deal I promised the Wife I'd add a couple of things.
  • Factory integrated Nav - This one I've already sussed. Read all the how-tos and already ordered myself a Veepeak ELM327 (with Hi/Low) and an A11 2020 Map card
    (I've had good success with their bluetooth OBD reader so sticking with them for the ELM327)
  • This one is a bit funny - No reverse camera!
    Now, the previous owner said the old Sync touchscreen had failed so they had a replacement fitted from a donor that did have a Reverse Cam fitted, so when you hit Reverse, you get the 'Camera Not Available. Please see Dealer message" - akin to one being faulty?
    So my hope is I can just purchase myself a factory rear lift gate trim camera, connect it to what I hope is a pre-existing loom which will shortcut my way up to the Sync2 system. Failing that I'm prepared to buy the 4Dtech harness and get it tied into the factory trim camera
    (the deal was everything had to be as factory as possible)
  • More for myself than her, I'd love to find an Electric drivers seat from a wreck and drop that in. Doesn't have to be full memory function but latest have the tilt/slide/lumber adjust. I get leg & back pain on longer drives so being able to fine tune the position will be a lifesaver. I'm hoping there's already a 12v feed under the seat here too
  • If, and only if a decently priced set of factory Titanium HID / Projector headlights come about I'll put those in.
    (I did a proper 'The RetrofitSource upgrade to the Legnum and the lighting was night and day. The Mazda had factory Projectors, but not HID, though I did put my own in.. Super handy - especially when driving is miserable rainy Vancouver nights
    Massive fan of projector headlights but not interested in AliExpress specials and don't have the speciality tools (I do back in Aus) to do another TRS Retrofit
Other miscellaneous to-dos
  • Hardwired Dashcam - Have one In the Mazda but will upgrade to a better one this time around (Vancouver is home to some truely terrible drivers, so this one is a MUST)
  • 3000K LED Fogs (the yellow really helps in snowy conditions)
  • Only came with one key, so a second, preferably Flip style key (which will be the primary)
  • maybe some of the switchback style DRLs that replace the trim under the headlight (again, anything to make yourself more visible to terrible Vancouver drivers the better)
  • replacement Airbox lid. The car had a very minor front end collision in the past and it appears they misplaced the lid when it was being repaired so it has a K&N Pod filter, (I appreciate the 'choo-choo noises' bringing out the boy-racer in me once again) should have a proper enclosure.
  • Miscellaneous parts to bring the Thule Aero crossbars and roof-bike racks over from the Mazda
  • Tow Bar (For a shuttle style Bike Rack)
  • Sort out why the Right steering controls don't work (Sync voice/Phone/Home/Info)..
Sorry for the long winded post, but at least its all over now.
Hopefully someone is able to chime in and answer a few of the Q's / Clarify the potential of all of the above.

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum. Can you please separate your questions into applicable threads. Most of them have already been answered already. Try searching the forum for each of your questions. Makes it harder for other members to find answers they need if there are multiple questions/answers in one thread

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Can you please separate your questions into applicable threads. Most of them have already been answered already. Try searching the forum for each of your questions. Makes it harder for other members to find answers they need if there are multiple questions/answers in one thread
Thanks Gryffindor,

as you said, most i believe have been answered already, but will post in the relevant thread and/or make a new one where necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts