2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought out my 2018 lease and sold at nice profit. Leased a 2021 SEL AWD with the 360 option. Took it home and examined under the hood. The engine sound insulator was missing and the hood insulation blanket. At first dealer agreed but then said those were discontinued. No way, Ford ran out of those parts and is selling then anyway.
I can buy the parts but they are back ordered. Anyone have this experience? Ford owes me some parts.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,391 Posts
Those are factory deletes, Ford doesn't owe you any parts

The engine cover for everything but the 2020 Ti went away the summer of 2020 and was a full line delete for 2021, the hood insulator was a 2021 Job2 delete.

·
Registered
2021 Carbonized Grey SEL, Stealth Pack, Tech Pack, B&O, Pano Roof
24 Posts

The engine cover for everything but the 2020 Ti went away the summer of 2020 and was a full line delete for 2021, the hood insulator was a 2021 Job2 delete.
What is the build date for Job2. My 2021 SEL does have the hood insulation and it was built Aug5.

·
Registered
35 Posts

My 2021 Titanium PHEV built Sep 8 has the hood insulator attached to the underside of the hood. No engine cover, as dealer said it was discontinued with 2021, as noted here.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
When there's a factory delete they install until they run out of on hand stock and/or the factory management decides which trim levels or versions suffer first.
Job 2 started 05/31/2021 and the PHEV is treated as a slightly different animal (just like the Fusion Energi it has it's own order guide) and the Hybrid power train now being available in all trims.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When there's a factory delete they install until they run out of on hand stock and/or the factory management decides which trim levels or versions suffer first.
Job 2 started 05/31/2021 and the PHEV is treated as a slightly different animal (just like the Fusion Energi it has it's own order guide) and the Hybrid power train now being available in all trims.
My SEL Hybrid with a build date if Aug 24 21 has hood insulator...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Once again it's up to the factory management.
Ford corporate approves the change and after that it's up to the site staff, it can be as simple as they had them on hand Monday, ran out of them on Wednesday and more came in on Friday.
It means that they don't stop or hold the production line for lack of a deleted part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Once again it's up to the factory management.
Ford corporate approves the change and after that it's up to the site staff, it can be as simple as they had them on hand Monday, ran out of them on Wednesday and more came in on Friday.
It means that they don't stop or hold the production line for lack of a deleted part.
Just provided a data point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts