2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

New here

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SpiderMonkey 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, new guy here. I apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this in, I’m not at all familiar with forums. I’m having an issue with my 2014 escape titanium 1.6L. I just got it out of the shop, I had to have my BCM programmed because I was having the false overheating issue. Everything is working fine except for my back wiper. It’s not a huge deal, but it seems like before, when I would do a single swipe (press down on wiper lever) it would swipe front and rear wipers. But now it’s only swiping the front. Was I just dreaming this, or is it supposed to swipe both when you press down on the wiper lever? Thank y’all

#2 ·
When I want to wipe the back window once I use the little switch at the of the wiper control. If I want one swipe I usually switch it on once and then put it back to stop.

I just turned on my car and pressed down on the wiper level and the only wiper that turned on were the front ones. So it doesn't seem like pressing down on the wiper level will make both front and back wipe at the same time. I even turned on the back wiper switch and pressed down the wiper level and still the rare wipers did not turn on.

Maybe last time the rare wipers switch was on and just happened to wipe at the same time when you pressed down the wiper switch. That rare wiper switch is pretty sensative and I've hit that switch more then once on accident without even knowing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.