2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Escape SEL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for adding me to the forum! I just bought my 2020 Escape SEL this week. This is my second Escape, as I had a 2014 several years ago. Traded it in on an Explorer Limited, but always missed that little SUV, so when I had the opportunity, I "Escaped"again! Loving the vehicle, but there is one button that I cannot identify. It is on the center console,just below the electric brake.The symbol is a circle with an open hand in the center. I'm assuming that it has something to do with the braking system?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
462 Posts
"Stop Applause," maybe?

I believe it is a hill hold feature. You would press it when accelerating from a dead stop on a steep incline to keep the car from rolling backward, while moving your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal.

Reactions: SilverBullet2020

·
Registered
2020 Escape SEL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris, that would seem to make sense, except according to the Owner's Manual, this happens automatically (p.220)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
1,127 Posts
Welcome to the forum, SilverBullet2020. Sorry, I don't know what that button is for...

Reactions: SilverBullet2020

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's a feature called "Auto Hold." If turned on, it will keep the brakes on after you come to a stop (even if you take your foot off the pedal), and automatically release them when you hit the gas. In my manual, it's described on pages 218 and 219.

Reactions: fbov

·
Registered
2020 Escape SEL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks - that must be what it is. I see what you are talking about in the manual, but still don't see the icon as it appears in my car. I'm talking about the button below the Parking Brake, as shown in the photo. It is a button that you press, and has an "On" light when it is activated You can't pull it up like you can with the parking brake. I'll give it a try while the car is running. Sounds like a neat feature, just wonder why they didn't put the icon in the book?!

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's the one, it's push-on, push-off as you noted. Why the manual doesn't show the icon properly is indeed a mystery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts