2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm an owner of a 2016 Ford Escape and I am having a musty odor when I turn on the ac and heat it will go away after 10 min but it doesn't it almost at every start up I have had it to the dealer that is close to me they have smelled and have put a new cabin air filter on and put fords chemica lol on it to clean out the vents and it's still there they are wanting me to put $900 up for them to see if there is a failing part ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you do? I have a 2015 Escape titanium. It started as a musty smell the first spring 2015, I bought it Dec 31 1014. The dealer would treat it with some chemical and that would be fine until next spring. That was when I lived in Illinois. I moved to Kentucky where the temperature fluctuates much more. Smell has gone to a putrid smell. The local dealer treated me like a nut case so I called my IL dealer, recommended I tell local dealer to use this product. Service tech put me on hold at local dealer the came back and told me they didn't carry that and hung up. I went to local Chevy dealer who carried that cleaner. They treated it, it came back. I have since had it detailed and ozoned about $500 later the smell has never stayed gone for more than 24 hrs. Called my old dealer again, he recommended Lube guard kool-it. And sent me a you tube video. We are looking for the drain underneath. I love my car but it is making me sick! I found out I now have a mold allergy and the suspect now is my car! Anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Sassie. I've not had your experience so don't have any suggestions. Hopefully other members will have some ideas to share.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts