2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My parking sensors briefly changed sound for a day and then reverted back.
Just so you know, that is related to 12v state of charge. Whenever the parking sensors sound different, as well as the passenger side intelligent access stops working, the 12v battery voltage is less than roughly 12.10v or so upon last startup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Escape Titanium AWD. Just updated to SYNC3 v3.4.21020 and when I turn off the ignition and turn it back on in a few minutes, now the SiriusXM radio does not work. I have tried the radio reset procedure and it did not fix the issue. Anyone have this problem or know of a fix? If the car sits overnight, the radio will work again until you turn it off.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Not sure what you mean by the radio reset procedure. Did you try a master reset of the sync system itself?

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium, White w/Beige interior
11 Posts
So I downloaded the software update to a thumb drive, thinking it would be way faster than WIFI. First question, am I wrong? Second, when I got to my Escape and tried to start the upload, there was already a download in progress and taking forever. Is there any way to cancel the current WIFI update and install via USB? I don't see any way to do it other than a factory reset. Has anyone done a factory reset? Too much of a pain?

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium, White w/Beige interior
11 Posts
So I downloaded the software update to a thumb drive, thinking it would be way faster than WIFI. First question, am I wrong? Second, when I got to my Escape and tried to start the upload, there was already a download in progress and taking forever. Is there any way to cancel the current WIFI update and install via USB? I don't see any way to do it other than a factory reset. Has anyone done a factory reset? Too much of a pain?
BTW, I am on Software Version 3.4. So should I even be getting an auto update?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
BTW, I am on Software Version 3.4. So should I even be getting an auto update?
The wifi update may be taking forever because the engine is not running and it is only picking up bits and pieces of the update as you come and go in your car.
Try leaving the car within your wifi range and running for a half hour or so and see if it completes the update before trying to override it with a USB stick which will take just as long.
There may be a setting in the dash menu behind the steering wheel to disable the function (with engine running) that automatically turns the engine off after 30 minutes of idling. This is always enabled by default.

A factory reset will only confuse the issue at this stage and will not wipe updates.

And yes, if you have your sync set to auto wifi updates you will get updates when available for your 3.4 system.

Also, if you want to do a factory/master reset of sync then touch settings> general and scroll down to master reset.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have a 2020 Escape Titanium AWD. Just updated to SYNC3 v3.4.21020 and when I turn off the ignition and turn it back on in a few minutes, now the SiriusXM radio does not work. I have tried the radio reset procedure and it did not fix the issue. Anyone have this problem or know of a fix? If the car sits overnight, the radio will work again until you turn it off.
This seems to be happening intermittently. Some, like myself, have no noticeable problems. Others it’s every few days, some more. Some said a reset fixed it, some a subscription refresh, others time or rolling back a release. If it keeps happening and you want to roll back a release, feel free to shoot me a message and I can assist there.

·
Registered
2020 Escape SEL 2.0L 4cyl. Desert Gold
14 Posts
In re the Sirius issue: after I did the update from a USB stick, my Sirius was stuck on one channel, the channel I was listening to before I started. The presets were not working, and a reset did not work. Just to see what would happen, I selected "manual tune" on the touch screen and punched it a random channel number, and it worked. After that, everything Sirius was running fine.

Your results may vary.

·
Registered
2020 2.0 AWD SEL
55 Posts
Just to join this thread, here is what has happened in my case (new Oct 20 manufacture 2020 SEL)

1. Went to Ford Owner website to check for Sync3 update and Navigation update, entered VIN number and downloaded both from Ford website.
2. Updated Sync3 via wifi (even though I had already downloaded) and it was successful, at least as far as I know, it said it was.
3. Uploaded Navigation update and find out I and just uploaded the NA119 (previously had NA220, took a picture before) and did not realize the original zip file had 119 in the title... ugh. Two steps back.
4. Started having intermittent wifi as I started to reload the NA220 maps via wifi as earlier in this thread.
5. Wifi is now dead (had about 6 different options before, including the one I activated in the vehicle, now zero, and will not toggle on and off)
6. Called Ford support, 45 minutes on the phone, Ford has a known issue with the wifi, recommended I take it to a dealer...

Moral to the story, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Just to join this thread, here is what has happened in my case (new Oct 20 manufacture 2020 SEL)

1. Went to Ford Owner website to check for Sync3 update and Navigation update, entered VIN number and downloaded both from Ford website.
2. Updated Sync3 via wifi (even though I had already downloaded) and it was successful, at least as far as I know, it said it was.
3. Uploaded Navigation update and find out I and just uploaded the NA119 (previously had NA220, took a picture before) and did not realize the original zip file had 119 in the title... ugh. Two steps back.
4. Started having intermittent wifi as I started to reload the NA220 maps via wifi as earlier in this thread.
5. Wifi is now dead (had about 6 different options before, including the one I activated in the vehicle, now zero, and will not toggle on and off)
6. Called Ford support, 45 minutes on the phone, Ford has a known issue with the wifi, recommended I take it to a dealer...

Moral to the story, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Try a Master Reset? I haven’t had any WiFi issues on either car myself.

·
Registered
2020 2.0 AWD SEL
55 Posts
Try a Master Reset? I haven’t had any WiFi issues on either car myself.
First looking back, it takes a special skill to do what I did, that is updating my Navigation maps to an earlier version. I am quite proud of this mess up.

Relative to the wifi, after letting the vehicle set, I went back inside the car and the same condition existed. I called Ford again and this time they had me turn the ignition off and open the driver door and lock it and then close it, wait two minutes. Turn on ignition, wifi came back. Navigation continued to update. We will see how it goes.

Also, after going back and looking at the pictures I took of the screen before I did any "updating", I noticed my Sync was already 3.4.21020, so what I thought I saw uploading was the new Sync it really was the new Navigation. Also, did a master reset after I loaded the "updated" previous years Navigation when it lost wifi and yes master reset wifi. When I called Ford the first time they said the reset would not help the wifi but apparently we were miscommunicating. In any case, I am hoping for the best in that I think all I did was download old Navigation over new Navigation and now going back, hopefully okay.

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been trying to update my Sync3 via OTA update, but haven't been able to. My car is parked in condo garage and receives a strong wifi signal from the condo office. When I check for update, I see that it starts downloading, it never goes past 5-10% ... I've tried this multiple times, with and without engine running. I even tethered car to my phone, but OTA download never finishes. I know I can update via USB, but I'm curious why its just not working via WIFI. Is it some wifi defect, or is it the OTA site issue?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I've been trying to update my Sync3 via OTA update, but haven't been able to. My car is parked in condo garage and receives a strong wifi signal from the condo office. When I check for update, I see that it starts downloading, it never goes past 5-10% ... I've tried this multiple times, with and without engine running. I even tethered car to my phone, but OTA download never finishes. I know I can update via USB, but I'm curious why its just not working via WIFI. Is it some wifi defect, or is it the OTA site issue?
How long do you leave it after you check the 5-10% download to see if it has progressed?

·
Registered
41 Posts
How long do you leave it after you check the 5-10% download to see if it has progressed?
Last time, I sat in the car 10 minutes with nothing happening. How is it supposed to work anyway, will it try to update when the car is off, or does it need to be on for OTA update to finish? Because I have at times just left it overnight with progress bar at around 5%, shut off the engine and left. I know that wifi is on 24-7, and i verified that when I connect my phone to that wifi point, it works fine.

·
Registered
2020 2.0 AWD SEL
55 Posts
Last time, I sat in the car 10 minutes with nothing happening. How is it supposed to work anyway, will it try to update when the car is off, or does it need to be on for OTA update to finish? Because I have at times just left it overnight with progress bar at around 5%, shut off the engine and left. I know that wifi is on 24-7, and i verified that when I connect my phone to that wifi point, it works fine.
The updates take a long time. There are many of them that come in packets and once the one downloads, and when you scan for more automatic updates, it will say there are not any. If you turn off the sync auto update and then turn it back on and check for updates, it will find the next one and so on. Multiple hours connnected to wifi. If the car shuts down the download when it is off, I am not sure what the timing is. I sat in the car with the radio on, other times with the accessory power on and other times with the car idling, all the time connected to wifi.

I probably should just let it do its thing (still not done after multiple hours) over time of just pulling into the garage and the vehicle connected to home wifi and then downloading what it can. Seems like that could take weeks but maybe it will finish pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
You need to leave the engine running but it will carry on uploading for around 30 minutes when you cut the engine and then you need to run the engine again or start it and turn it off and you will get another 30 minutes download. It may sit at 5% for some time before it suddenly surges forward often due to large map uploads.
If you leave it overnight obviously with the engine off the download will stop until you next start the engine in wifi range.
With my last wifi update from my garage I just scanned the sync for updates with the ignition on and once it started updating I turned the ignition off and went back in 30 minutes and turned the ignition on again and it was around half complete and so I turned it off again and went back in around another 30 minutes and it was fully updated. It may depend on the size of the download though.
If your only wifi access is at your condo it may not be feasible to do this or to leave the car running so you may be better off downloading it by USB as you can time the upload for when you are going on a reasonably long drive somewhere.. ;)

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium, 2019 Ford Escape Titanium
15 Posts
I completed this update on my 20 Escape, and it also download the new navigation maps. However, when i press the talk button and i say for example "Say an Address", the voice prompt screen disappears, as if it cancels the voice prompt. Any ideas why? I performed a master reset and no luck.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I completed this update on my 20 Escape, and it also download the new navigation maps. However, when i press the talk button and i say for example "Say an Address", the voice prompt screen disappears, as if it cancels the voice prompt. Any ideas why? I performed a master reset and no luck.
How did you do the map update? This means the Nav Voice package is either missing or not mounting. If it was there, a MR should fix it, so I’d wager it isn’t loaded.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Perhaps it is in the wording...shouldn't you be saying 'find an address'. Unless your voice request is put in a certain way nothing will happen.
When you first press the voice button does it say 'say a command' or something similar?

121 - 140 of 179 Posts