2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Perhaps it is in the wording...shouldn't you be saying 'find an address'. Unless your voice request is put in a certain way nothing will happen.
When you first press the voice button does it say 'say a command' or something similar?
No, what they’re reporting is “normal” when the required data isn’t loaded. Since it isn’t there (which should never happen…) it errors out. It’s usually only a problem with folks who updated maps from v3.3 using USB but pulled the stick early. v3.4 should throw a pop-up that it’s not done if the USB stick is pulled early. Lot of should in those sentences. In the future it’ll prompt you to complete the map update before ending so it’s more obvious where the problem lies.

Reactions: wiz043

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium, 2019 Ford Escape Titanium
15 Posts
How did you do the map update? This means the Nav Voice package is either missing or not mounting. If it was there, a MR should fix it, so I’d wager it isn’t loaded.
It was done over the air to NA 2 20. It updated over a few days until it said my vehicle is up to date. I've tried scanning for updates multiple times to see if it would pick up on any other files but its currently up to date

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It was done over the air to NA 2 20. It updated over a few days until it said my vehicle is up to date. I've tried scanning for updates multiple times to see if it would pick up on any other files but its currently up to date
Hmm, that's a new one. So, for grins, switch the system language, then switch it back. If that doesn't work, do you have the vehicle hooked to WiFi? You can submit a manual bug report I can go look at to see if it tells me anything about what is going on.

·
Registered
2020 2.0 AWD SEL
55 Posts
I am now beginning to wonder if I should take the vehicle to the dealer. I keep losing wifi connections available, downloading is taking multiple hours, Sirius is intermittent. I am hoping all this clears up after the maps finish downloading but I just do not know how long it should take. I have a very strong wifi signal in my garage, never drops or loses signal for any of my devices.

Would the dealer charge me for this if I took it to them and said there is something haywire with Sync and Navigation? Unfortunately, my trust with dealer service is not the best but if I knew or was even confident they could "fix" this it would be nice but I am not at this point right now given the comments on this thread and my calls to Ford for help with this.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I am now beginning to wonder if I should take the vehicle to the dealer. I keep losing wifi connections available, downloading is taking multiple hours, Sirius is intermittent. I am hoping all this clears up after the maps finish downloading but I just do not know how long it should take. I have a very strong wifi signal in my garage, never drops or loses signal for any of my devices.

Would the dealer charge me for this if I took it to them and said there is something haywire with Sync and Navigation? Unfortunately, my trust with dealer service is not the best but if I knew or was even confident they could "fix" this it would be nice but I am not at this point right now given the comments on this thread and my calls to Ford for help with this.
You’re under warranty, so no they shouldn’t charge. The map update will take a while. It’s meant to pull down one file at a time, then update it. There are 12 large ones it needs to get. If it seems like the map has finished updating, then you can try rolling back a release and disabling the auto updates to see if that fixes any problems you’re seeing.

·
Registered
2020 2.0 AWD SEL
55 Posts
You’re under warranty, so no they shouldn’t charge. The map update will take a while. It’s meant to pull down one file at a time, then update it. There are 12 large ones it needs to get. If it seems like the map has finished updating, then you can try rolling back a release and disabling the auto updates to see if that fixes any problems you’re seeing.
Thanks again. I sat in my driveway this morning for about an hour, connected to my home wifi with vehicle running and it finally finished! Maybe it is because I watched Ford vs. Ferrari last night (now at redbox) ha ha. I bet the whole thing took 4 or more hours in total over the last few days (connected to wifi) before it finally finished. I am hoping the tantrums it was throwing with wifi and sirius were related to the Navigation maps update in progress, if not, I will try master reset again.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Thanks again. I sat in my driveway this morning for about an hour, connected to my home wifi with vehicle running and it finally finished! Maybe it is because I watched Ford vs. Ferrari last night (now at redbox) ha ha. I bet the whole thing took 4 or more hours in total over the last few days (connected to wifi) before it finally finished. I am hoping the tantrums it was throwing with wifi and sirius were related to the Navigation maps update in progress, if not, I will try master reset again.
Some said it cleared up after, other not. Only thing I’ve seen personally is it seems like the subscription status comes in a bit slower for traffic and such, but it does work. Not surprising it took a few days to get all the files down. Hopefully that’ll clear it up for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm, that's a new one. So, for grins, switch the system language, then switch it back. If that doesn't work, do you have the vehicle hooked to WiFi? You can submit a manual bug report I can go look at to see if it tells me anything about what is going on.
I gave that a try but the same thing happens. I was able to change the radio station by voice but the "Find an Address" keeps on dismissing the voice command screen. I did just submit a manual bug report under the Voice option. If you need any information to look in to it, let me know!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I gave that a try but the same thing happens. I was able to change the radio station by voice but the "Find an Address" keeps on dismissing the voice command screen. I did just submit a manual bug report under the Voice option. If you need any information to look in to it, let me know!
Looks like it hasn’t rolled in yet. It may send in the next time you hit WiFi. Sometimes it seems to need to disconnect from WiFi, then reconnect to send. I’ll check again tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like it hasn’t rolled in yet. It may send in the next time you hit WiFi. Sometimes it seems to need to disconnect from WiFi, then reconnect to send. I’ll check again tomorrow.
okay sounds good, hopefully by tomorrow you see something. if not, i can try it again!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
okay sounds good, hopefully by tomorrow you see something. if not, i can try it again!
Yep, so as expected it looks like it isn’t installed. Everything is coming back that the Nav voice data doesn’t exist. Can you do the same thing, just right after you power on? So turn the car on, wait the 40ish seconds for it to get your location, then give the command. When it fails, go trigger another bug report. It’ll help to have the information from start up for what it is saying is actually installed. It seems like it may still be trying to update OTA but I can’t really tell for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, so as expected it looks like it isn’t installed. Everything is coming back that the Nav voice data doesn’t exist. Can you do the same thing, just right after you power on? So turn the car on, wait the 40ish seconds for it to get your location, then give the command. When it fails, go trigger another bug report. It’ll help to have the information from start up for what it is saying is actually installed. It seems like it may still be trying to update OTA but I can’t really tell for sure.
Thanks for taking a look into this for me. I will give your suggestion a try later tomorrow and i will let you know when i've submitted another bug report

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wrote this earlier in the thread, but it bears repeating. It took 2 full hours for me to update maps via a USB stick. And it took two tries for success using a third-party program.

I think it is insane for Ford to try to push 12 files totaling 13GB OTA for a maps update.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It is a ton of data over some slow connections and I doubt the flash in sync is quick. Ford should of really built this into the contract with att. This way ppl dont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So i gave your suggestion a try and same outcome. hopefully the report was sent and you'll be able to see more info

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So i gave your suggestion a try and same outcome. hopefully the report was sent and you'll be able to see more info
Thanks. I'll take a look here when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The NAV VOICE pack isn't installed. Check PM for additional instructions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi U of M engineer,
My dad's 2020 escape is having a similar problem. Nav works when programming destinations using the touch screen, but voice commands related to nav all fail. I just spent 6 hrs today with the car running in the driveway trying to resolve this. Multiple tries at wifi automatic Ota updates, multiple tries using USB stick as well. I'm at my wits end here. Would you be able to advise? Should I just take this thing into the dealer?

I'm pretty sure this all started when the 2 20 maps update tried to install Ota. I honestly cannot believe how terrible even the USB stick update process is with no progress bar, file name, or % indication on the screen. In pretty sure the sync computer has restarted and begun the same update from my USB stick multiple times today but I really have no idea.

Help!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi U of M engineer,
My dad's 2020 escape is having a similar problem. Nav works when programming destinations using the touch screen, but voice commands related to nav all fail. I just spent 6 hrs today with the car running in the driveway trying to resolve this. Multiple tries at wifi automatic Ota updates, multiple tries using USB stick as well. I'm at my wits end here. Would you be able to advise? Should I just take this thing into the dealer?

I'm pretty sure this all started when the 2 20 maps update tried to install Ota. I honestly cannot believe how terrible even the USB stick update process is with no progress bar, file name, or % indication on the screen. In pretty sure the sync computer has restarted and begun the same update from my USB stick multiple times today but I really have no idea.

Help!
I sent you a PM with details. You'll need to install the language pack via USB if it doesn't download OTA. You can re-purpose the autoinstall from the USB download you have already. It shouldn't take too long, maybe 15-20 minutes for the English one as it's largest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Noticed this update today. Also noticed I have no maps now in PA and the rest of the north east. It installed this file for a while when I checked for updates but it finished and says up to date now and I still have no maps here :|

141 - 160 of 179 Posts