2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems a little backwards to destroy the map while it decides it wants to download a new one maybe one day if it decides to lol. Glad I use Waze most of the time through carplay

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium
153 Posts
Thanks again. I sat in my driveway this morning for about an hour, connected to my home wifi with vehicle running and it finally finished! Maybe it is because I watched Ford vs. Ferrari last night (now at redbox) ha ha. I bet the whole thing took 4 or more hours in total over the last few days (connected to wifi) before it finally finished. I am hoping the tantrums it was throwing with wifi and sirius were related to the Navigation maps update in progress, if not, I will try master reset again.
In a couple of posts in this thread, you talk about "calling Ford." Do you call a dealer? Or is there some Ford number an owner can call that actually reaches someone who can help?

·
Registered
2020 2.0 AWD SEL
55 Posts
In a couple of posts in this thread, you talk about "calling Ford." Do you call a dealer? Or is there some Ford number an owner can call that actually reaches someone who can help?
As @wiz043 shared in post #164.

They do try to help it is just I do not think they are experienced in all the issues/glitches the map updates create for some. I am guessing you are getting the consistent theme from this thread that one may think the updates are complete and have Sync 3 tell you software is up to date only to see more updates coming through later. It would be nice to be able to determine what files have and have not been loaded so you could really know when it is finished.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Seems a little backwards to destroy the map while it decides it wants to download a new one maybe one day if it decides to lol. Glad I use Waze most of the time through carplay
Yeah normally I think it loads the new chunk at the next start up. I’ve seen others where the Nav voice doesn’t load up right and there a master reset fixes it. Haven’t seen a map chunk not load before though.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
480 Posts
Let me report a successful update. Thumb drive for Sync3, OTA for NA 220. I did leave the car "running" 30 min. a couple times near Wi-fi to expedite download completion. Whole thing took >18 hrs., including a good night's sleep. No issues so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know how to revert? The last update we had allowed us to disable lane departure notifications, but the latest doesn't. It goes off all the time with construction in Michigan. It's really annoying.

·
Premium Member
Persian Green 2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
38 Posts
It looks as if this update that started this morning is going to be a long while, should I be concerned about the battery?

·
Registered
2020 Rapid Red Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD
40 Posts
When I updated mine, the engine would start occasionally throughout the process to prevent battery rundown; just be sure to disable the 30 minute limit on idling.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium AWD
4 Posts
Ok, so I'm a first time poster here and I just successfully downloaded v3.4.21020. It only took about 15 minutes via USB and now I think the car is downloading the map update which leads me to my two questions:
  1. Do the up/down arrows in the top right of the Sync screen indicate that the maps are in fact downloading?
  2. Given that my ISP normally gets 45 Mbps down, approx how long should the maps download take? I'm coming up on 3 hours of engine time beyond when the Sync3 update finished and I'd rather get this OTA update done in one shot if possible.
Early on, I did confirm that Sirius isn't working, at least not right away. At some point, I'll do a master reset and park the car out in the driveway to get line of sight with the satellite & refresh to test it more.

I did read through this thread and I don't think these specific questions have been asked. Very grateful for any help.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium AWD
4 Posts
Didn't do a master reset, but after turning off the car for a few hours, Sirius is working just fine now. I'm still on NA 118 for maps, so I guess I'm still downloading them.

The car connects to the WiFi in my garage, but with the car off is it still connected and downloading?

I also own a 2018 Fusion and I've never gotten an update to work over wi-fi on that vehicle which is why I'm questioning this.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
148 Posts
Okay so the latest SYNC update worked via USB perfectly (including the verification on the Ford website)

But that doesn't update the maps does it?

If I check the Ford website it says the latest maps are still 1.19 (in Canada) which I already have.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
148 Posts
Per @markdugan link, it's 2 parts, the second, containing the map update, is only delivered over Wi-fi, and it's big so it's delivered over time. Park near a good Wi-fi source and force an update.
That's going to be an issue unfortunately since I live in a condo and anywhere with free wifi requires you to log in to a website which SYNC can't do AFAIK.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid with Premium Package Agate Black Metallic with Black Leather
52 Posts
Per @markdugan link, it's 2 parts, the second, containing the map update, is only delivered over Wi-fi, and it's big so it's delivered over time. Park near a good Wi-fi source and force an update.
I installed the update with USB a couple of weeks ago. The maps did not update and when plugging in the usb to confirm update it wouldn't work. Today after reading this thread I pulled my car close to my office got on the wifi and disabled the 30 min idle option. I requested an update check manually and it began to download. The process took about an hour. Turned off the car after the update and turned it back on and the maps were updated, I wanted to see if the USB stick would be read and confirm the update and sure enough it showed update complete mind you the USB hasn't been plugged into the car for a couple weeks. So for me it was a two part process. I am hoping the Sirius radio not working intermittently will go away now that everything is updated.

Reactions: fbov
161 - 179 of 179 Posts